By for_fs_sake - 21/09/2012 10:56 - United Kingdom

Today, my husband revealed that he found me drunk and shoe-less in a shrub in our front garden last night, sending dirty texts to my new employee. I've recently had my meds switched and apparently can't drink now. My husband's pissed, my shoes are gone, and I can't look the new guy in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 557
You deserved it 25 298

for_fs_sake tells us more.

I called the hospital this morning and was informed by the duty nurse that yes, I definitely should have been told not to drink on the new meds. When I asked why the doc didn't mention it, she replied that "the doctor has been very busy as she's now taken on a management position and she must have forgotten". Fabulous! Happily, my husband's very understanding, and the new guy thinks it's hilaaaaaaaaaaaarious. So right now, I guess it's the lack of shoes and lack of dignity that are the real problems. And yes - I've heard I was a BLAST to drink with last night, until the whole shrub-shoe-booty-text debacle. God, I'm a moron.

Top comments

perdix 29

You're British, so he's angry and you're "pissed." What are your new meds? I want to hand them out at the local bar, because you sound like tons of fun. Even with moderate success, I could get some free shoes.

Yikes. If you have an HR department (or anyone in an equivalent position), you might want to explain the situation to them before your new employee does. And if you haven't called your doctor yet to report what happened in case it wasn't just due to the drinking, you might do that, too.

Comments

Seriously. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Whether she read the labels or not... It was her thoughts that made her sext her employee. Not the Meds or alcohol. Even though she's clearly trying to justify her actions by blaming the two. Her husband was pissed. For an obvious reason. Being drunk and on Meds isn't an excuse to disrespect your partner. Drunk actions are sober thoughts. I would be pissed too.

Would you kindly get down off your high horse and enter the real world? "drunk actions are sober thoughts" - no, they really aren't particularly once you pass a certain level of drunk. I'm going to use myself as an example here: last week, whilst drunk i did not make out with a beautiful boy named Ryan at the bar in a club because i knew my ex was across the room somewhere and i thought it would be disrespectful. Last night, whilst significantly (seriously) more drunk, i made out with one of my exes friends, right in front of him. That was EXCESSIVELY disrespectful. I'd reached a level of drunk known as "absafreakinglutely no inhibitions" where your moral compass gets stuck and everything that occurs is relevant only in that once precise moment. This is the level where bad things occur. The friend in question was also a girl, and frankly one of the best kissers i've ever met, but this does not translate to me having a sober desire to become a lesbian. Sober, my desire would definitely be to make out with beautiful Ryan in a private place, but apparently that is just not what happens in my life :P Now, these occurrences were MY own fault because i got so drunk, doesn't mean i meant to though, doesn't mean i have any desire to do the same sober, and more importantly: OP's meds reacted with the alcohol in such a way she reached fantastical new levels of drunk, she could not have known this would happen, and it is not her fault. Even if she had drank enough to reach this state, she would not still be fully responsible, because drunk actions DO NOT equal sober thoughts. But the fact is, as the meds had an unforeseen reaction, she is completely innocent here, and you have a stick up your arse!

Well, at least it was your shoes missing and not your shirt!

streetrodd67 0

Ya do thing toasted that u want to do sober but dont have the guts todo ur a under cover **** lol ur husband has a right to be pissed n ur coworker to be scared of u lol

cherry72 13

Sounds like an "Ambien" episode (been there done that, including crazy stuff like that) I am no longer on Ambien and if you are I should suggest you stop taking it. Just IMO. Take care.

smartazzbeach75 4

Try reading the warning labels on your meds, and follow them

Try reading the comment responses from the OP derp

"I've recently had my meds switched and apparently can't drink now." You should have known not to drink while taking any kinds of med's - WTF! Your actually looking for sympathy for being a dumbass? What's wrong with you!

Actually many, many medications are not affected in any way by alcohol consumption, the 'you cant drink whilst on medication' belief is more tradition than anything else... Antibiotics for example, of the hundreds of varieties available, only TWO actually have an adverse reaction to alcohol (they make you vom copiously i believe) the rest have no issues at all. The reason people are told not to drink on antibiotics is in part due to their use back in the day to treat fun things which you are more likely to catch (and spread) whilst drunk like chlamydia (which takes like 2 weeks of antibiotics before you stop being contagious). So doctors would tell people not to drink, not because it affects treatment, but to stop the patient spreading the disease!

Shouldn't be drinking on meds like that anyways...why op, why?