By Anonymous - 20/08/2012 12:12 - United States - Worcester

Today, my husband had a temper tantrum because I wouldn't get him a chocolate bar at the store register. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 350
You deserved it 5 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HowAreYouToday 34

... Just buy him the chocolate, then ground him.

Psych101 9

Someone needs to grow up a little... Seriously, OP. Grow up and buy him the chocolate bar.

Comments

OP: (in her most denigrating voice) 'I'm sorry sweety, but since you're not asking for the chocolate nicely,I can't give it to you. So next time, you have to remember to be a good boy, and ask politely, okay?' Just treat him like age he's acting, and he'll stop soon enough! (I hope)

hateevryone 14

And he's your husband because?

gkaszub1 3

Why wouldn't you you buy him the chocolate bar? Sounds a bit controlling to me.

No, throwing a temper tantrum whenever someone doesn't want to buy you something is controlling.

No, refusing your significant other something so simple as a candy bar, or better yet, him even having to ask is controlling.

Perhaps he doesn't have his own money because he's unemployed, and relies on OP for support, and perhaps she already bought him ample amounts of sweets. Or maybe the husband is severely overweight or can't have candy for some other medical reason, such as diabetes. There are plenty of reasons the husband would have to ask OP for candy and valid reasons for her denying it that don't make her controlling.

He couldn't by his own? He obviously didn't want it that bad.

I used to have temper tanrums when I was 7. Tell him to grow up!

Sounds like something Peter griffin did off of family guy