By Anonymous - 31/05/2015 04:47 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my hateful mother-in-law showed up unexpectedly. I faked taking a phone call so the bitter old hag would leave me alone. She then pulled out her phone, called my number, and glared at me as my phone rang against my ear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 714
You deserved it 13 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have looked her square in the eye and said "hold on I have another call", and answered it

I hate mother-in-laws who won't at least try to embrace their child's partner. It's icky how they try and keep control over a fully grown adult and don't respect their decisions. (unless of course the partner is abusive or their child is underage etcetc)

Comments

amileah13 26

Wtf is her issue?? Yeah I feel sorry for you op for having to deal with her!

Maybe if you stop referring to her as a bitter old hag and using juvenile tricks to avoid talking to her, your relationship would improve.

Hateful old hag. She should die soon

MrZsDad 19

As hateful as anyone you don't say shit like that, period. totally uncool.

PANDORUM89 21

my bfs mother and I were in a "competition" I refused to play. She blamed me for him moving out, not wanting to spend more time with her, and I was also blamed for him saying he wasn't sure what his religious beliefs were. I told him I wasn't going to compete with his mother and that the relationship we each had with him weren't the same. Everytime she would bicker about him not coming over I made it very clear that it was HIS choice. Whenever she gets too involved I let him know that it crosses a line with me (I'm a more private person) and that he needs to let her know that she can't butt in to our lives whenever or however she likes. meaning he nor I should be required to tell her what we are doing 24/7, when we will be back home (we live in another state), or where his money is being spent. Now that we've moved she realizes that it isn't me keeping him from talking to her, its his choice to deny the phone call. She's a much better person to talk to now. So moral of the novel is that you need to tell your spouse what is and is not acceptable to you. If you want a phone call or text before someone comes over to your house then that is okay and she should listen to your request. if not then ask that she not come over at all until she can follow the rules of YOUR home, just like you follow the rules at HER home.

Great advice? Here? Color me surprised.

That's why you never fake a phone call, unless you're going to put it on silent first.

misslostnfound 23

Or aeroplane mode, no sneaky notifications giving you away then either

don't be after to call her out on her bs. are you a man or a door mat, stand your ground !

wheelchairchick 11

next time put it on silence first.

put your phone on silent before attempting these fake phone calls.