By dammit - 23/05/2017 04:00

Today, my grandma was arrested for throwing her cane at a man who she thought was mocking her walk. That man was my boyfriend's father, who limps because of his cerebral palsy. He refuses to drop the assault charges. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 840
You deserved it 646

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohsnapword 21

He isn't wrong. Your grandmother is old enough to know better than to throw a cane at a disabled man.

Comments

ohsnapword 21

He isn't wrong. Your grandmother is old enough to know better than to throw a cane at a disabled man.

If he "refused" that means someone has more than likely asked if he'd consider dropping them. He absolutely shouldn't and I don't feel anyone had any moral grounds to ask him to do so. If your grandmother's very first response to feeling mocked is physical violence, then she deserves to be charged. She's more than old enough to process it in a better way, much less consider the fact that she's not the only person on the planet with a limp.

she probably assumed she's so old there wouldn't be any charges

Little Richard 11

Well that's going to make the holidays at your place awkward.

That's going to make for an interesting scene at the wedding -- when grandma shows the groom's dad his name tattooed on her knuckles. She had that done in prison.

Little late in the game to be learning lessons, grandma.

Her first response was to throw something to harm another? Who was walking? Damn.

Talis99 26

Can't really see as how you think he should.

"Refuses" to drop the assault charges? Maybe you should get off his back. He has every right to press charges. Your grandma is an adult, not a child. Even if he was mocking her, there was no excuse for her to resort to violence.

Good. Why should he? Old age is not an excuse for bad behaviour. She shouldn't have thrown her cane, simple as that.

Well, he's right. I hope your granmother learned her lesson. This is the proof "old" does not mean "wise"