By sushichick - 12/12/2012 12:44 - United States

Today, my friend was complaining to me about her problems. I tried to be a good, understanding friend, listening and giving advice. When it was my turn to vent, she interrupted me, saying, "Sorry, but I don't really care." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 418
You deserved it 2 662

sushichick tells us more.

sushichick 17

Hey everyone, OP here! :) I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments, they were super helpful and many were also quite funny. My "friend" is now my ex-friend and it's the best decision I could've made because she clearly was never a friend to begin with. Thanks again, everyone! Cheers!

Top comments

That'll teach you to care about stuff. You should be more like me - bitter, jaded, old, grey-haired, deaf, and why are you still here! Get off my lawn!

Comments

shithappens10125 6

I agree that was a bitchy thing for her to say, but it kinda sounds like you were just waiting for her to stop talking so you could talk instead. I'd be kinda hurt if I really needed my friend's attention and she suddenly launched into her problems, too. Then again, she could just be an attention *****, so I dunno.

MedChew 19

Attention ***** or not, saying 'I don't really care' is very callous given she's supposed to be a 'friend'

That has been happening to me for last 12 years at school! I can really relate. FYL OP.

She isn't your friend and in the long run you'll be better off ditching her.

And if I were you.. I wouldn't "CARE" to be her friend anymore.