By catlady1989 - 10/05/2009 19:01 - United States

Today, my friend had to take my cat who has a tumor to be put down when I wasn't home since I couldn't bear to take him myself. I have two cats. He took the wrong one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 480 380
You deserved it 70 850

catlady1989 tells us more.

You people are so cruel. They were indentical except collar color. I said which one and he still messed up. My normal vet was closed because of Mothers day so the pound was the one to do it. I can't believe some of the things you people are saying... it is so hurtful... and both my cats did end up being put down...

Top comments

omg! that's absolutely awful! Why didn't you specify

Wow.... Something tells me you aren't friends anymore.

Comments

Gotta agree with 22. If they were any kind of vet they would have KNOWN which animal to be expecting and should have at least checked even if they looked similar. I'm sorry for your loss and I also can't imagine how your friend must feel either. :/

birds_fml 7

I wish you hadn't posted this, cause now I'm sad.

lexxi_fml 0

this is like the first actually FML I've seen in a while. most of them are really lame. I'm sorry, i feel really bad.

i love how you guys are all jumping down this person's throat for not being there like the cat would actually know it was dying before it was dead. have you ever seen an animal put down? it's more or less instant, so there's really no "comforting" needed. besides, the OP would just be super upset anyway, which would upset the animal. it's better that everyone was calm and it "came out of nowhere." also, i wouldn't be surprised if this was the regular vet who put down the wrong cat. all the vets near where i live wouldn't be able to tell the difference... pretty sad but true. i mean, when they cut your dog open and perform surgery only to realize the damn pet only had a stomach ache... that's pretty much the epitome of incompetence.

wow this really sucks you have one cat that was acidentally put to sleep, and one thats dying ._

miss_mojo 2

O_O this made me superr sad. r.i.p kitty.

That's like... the saddest thing ever, and i don't even like cats. You're own weakness, your friends lack of intelligence, and your vet's incompetence, caused this. My 6 year old dog has glaucoma, 2 large lipomas, bladder stones, ear and skin problems. He's happy when i'm around, and hasn't stopped playing or eating. I'd sell everything i own and be homeless, maybe even steal or rob, just to save him... and i'd NEVER let ANYONE else bring him to the vet for me, ESPECIALLY if i have to put him down. If he's gotta be downed, i'll be right there when it happens, no matter how much of a bitch i look like for crying in public. Luckily, he's not doomed just yet.

sondramcfail 0

OMG, that's horrible, I'm soooo sorry! :( Wouldn't your vet know?

lmmmr 0

False. The vet would ask you your reasoning for wanting the cat put down, and when you told them about the tumor they would have checked. If there were no health problems with the animal they would have referred you to a shelter for euthanasia, as it would be far, far cheaper. What an awful thing to make up.