This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By anonymous - 12/06/2016 08:08 - United States - Anniston

Today, my fiancé who I've been with for 3 years told me all of his friends and family ask him why he puts up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 436
You deserved it 56

Top comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

Cause it doesn't matter what others think, it only matters what he thinks

As long as he loves you, who cares what his friends think

Comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

Cause it doesn't matter what others think, it only matters what he thinks

As long as he loves you, who cares what his friends think

If it's All his family and friends then perhaps you should consider you're behaving in a way that is cause for their concern and try to improve.

I can understand the intentions of people that are saying, "What does it matter what they think if he loves you?" If someone is in love, you should support them unless there's something off about the relationship. After all, they aren't the ones dating OP, so if they don't like her, they can either limit contact with them or if that isn't 'good enough' for them, they can cease contact with both OP and BF. At the same time though... Just because someone loves someone else doesn't mean the relationship is healthy. It would really depend on what specific complaints the friends and family are making. Something like "They have no sense of humor." can probably be ignored with little issue, but if it's something like "They never let you go anywhere by yourself." is probably an indication that something is off about the relationship, even if it's the relative 'only' of the person having anxiety about the relationship. The fact that the boyfriend relayed these concerns means that either it's causing a lot of social pressure for him, or something(s) that have been said are starting to raise concerns for him. Might be a good idea to ask his friend and family for more specific complaints and then think about whether said complaints have any merit to them- if only so OP can try to lay their concerns to rest as much as is possible. That is, of course, only if the concerns are legitimate ones.