By ali456 - 01/12/2013 15:16 - United Kingdom - Dudley

Today, my fiancé left me waiting at the train station for two and a half hours because he offered his ex-girlfriend a lift to her friends wedding that was a few cities away. I normally wouldn't have minded, but I'm 6 months pregnant and it was pouring with rain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 889
You deserved it 5 674

ali456 tells us more.

For those who are saying what he did was 'quite fishy', I have to agree. His excuse was, and I quote, "I only realised I had to pick you up half way through the journey, and there was no point turning back". I'm currently not speaking to him, for pretty obvious reasons, and he's now staying at his parents house. The reason I 'normally wouldn't have minded' is because if I wasn't pregnant, and if it wasn't raining, I easily could've caught the bus or walked home and sorted him out afterwards! He is also friends with his ex, and I've met her and spoken to her on quite casual terms before. And for the people who called me a 'chump' and said that I 'shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place', thank you - I'll keep it in mind for next time!

Top comments

Wow he just sounds like an inconsiderate asshole...

evan_7899 28

That's terrible, people like that are not worht your time OP

Comments

Wow you definitely don't deserve that. He's an asshole for caring about his ex before you, especially when you're pregnant.

He's an arsehole either way. He could have picked her up and then TALKED with her if it was ok to drop his ex to the wedding. His ex shouldn't depend on him either. So many things to make him less of an arsehole and he chose the most arsehole-ish route. I do wonder whether OP knew before or after she waited two and a half hours what he was neglecting her for...

Rainhawk94 27

Sounds like he's still hung up on his ex of you ask me.

and he's also the author of "What Not to Do to Your Pregnant Wife," right?

Maybe he gave her more than a lift too

That's so wrong. Definitely talk to him about it and explain that you come before his ex any day.

What a douche. you need to have a come to Jesus meeting with him ASAP.

SrakaSrakasta 20

Wow, this sucks, but YDI. You should really get to know a guy better before you decide to have a baby with him.

I'm sure she knows him well enough, considering she's going to marry him.

He should never choose an Ex over his pregnant fiancée. It doesn't matter if he promised her anything (why was he even promising her anything?) you're not only his bride to be, but you're pregnant. Idiot.