By ali456 - 01/12/2013 15:16 - United Kingdom - Dudley

Today, my fiancé left me waiting at the train station for two and a half hours because he offered his ex-girlfriend a lift to her friends wedding that was a few cities away. I normally wouldn't have minded, but I'm 6 months pregnant and it was pouring with rain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 889
You deserved it 5 674

ali456 tells us more.

For those who are saying what he did was 'quite fishy', I have to agree. His excuse was, and I quote, "I only realised I had to pick you up half way through the journey, and there was no point turning back". I'm currently not speaking to him, for pretty obvious reasons, and he's now staying at his parents house. The reason I 'normally wouldn't have minded' is because if I wasn't pregnant, and if it wasn't raining, I easily could've caught the bus or walked home and sorted him out afterwards! He is also friends with his ex, and I've met her and spoken to her on quite casual terms before. And for the people who called me a 'chump' and said that I 'shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place', thank you - I'll keep it in mind for next time!

Top comments

Wow he just sounds like an inconsiderate asshole...

evan_7899 28

That's terrible, people like that are not worht your time OP

Comments

why would you ever be ok with this? :0 your far too nice

Call an ex boyfriend to pick you up...

Yes! See how he likes it! If he fusses over it, your point is proven.

I understand he was trying to help, but you his fiance, you should come first. Not his ex. That's ****** up, She's an ex for a reason. That's soooo not cool, and you're pregnant too. Smh... What kinda boyfriend /fiance is he?...

Well, now you know where you fall on his priorities list. Sounds like he will always put his ex-girlfriend before you.

like really?? he would rather be with his ex than his next..messed up.

LiLMAMA0523 35

Yeah if that were me he'd probably be an ex-fiancé.

dmklake 14

You should mind OP. Pregnant or not, it wasnt right.

Give him a black eye. He deserves that.

TheDrifter 23

Did he know op was going to need a ride when he left? Dealing with pregnant women is interesting, they'll do things like stand in the rain for 2 and a half hours rather than find another ride and you'd better believe you'll be hearing about it later if you're not available when summoned.

I have to agree, there may be more to this story - was there no one else to call? When did she tell him she needed a ride? Maybe he was already en route with the ex when she called. I agree he sounds like an ass on first glance. But there are 2 sides to every story

ninety 25

She shouldn't have to schedule another ride because her bf's ex needs one. Or, if hers did back out and she called him after the fact it still shouldn't matter. He should have just dropped his ex off at the wedding and let her find another ride home so his gf wouldn't have had to wait in the rain as long.