By ali456 - 01/12/2013 15:16 - United Kingdom - Dudley

Today, my fiancé left me waiting at the train station for two and a half hours because he offered his ex-girlfriend a lift to her friends wedding that was a few cities away. I normally wouldn't have minded, but I'm 6 months pregnant and it was pouring with rain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 889
You deserved it 5 674

ali456 tells us more.

For those who are saying what he did was 'quite fishy', I have to agree. His excuse was, and I quote, "I only realised I had to pick you up half way through the journey, and there was no point turning back". I'm currently not speaking to him, for pretty obvious reasons, and he's now staying at his parents house. The reason I 'normally wouldn't have minded' is because if I wasn't pregnant, and if it wasn't raining, I easily could've caught the bus or walked home and sorted him out afterwards! He is also friends with his ex, and I've met her and spoken to her on quite casual terms before. And for the people who called me a 'chump' and said that I 'shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place', thank you - I'll keep it in mind for next time!

Top comments

Wow he just sounds like an inconsiderate asshole...

evan_7899 28

That's terrible, people like that are not worht your time OP

Comments

cryssycakesx3 22

he needs to set his priorities!! sorry OP!

luckyone365 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
MzZombicidal 36

Yeah, that's the only thing wrong with the FML... Moron.

naarz 9

Sorry to hear that Hun, maybe you should consider if he's the right one for you, seeing how he's still your "finance" marrying him might not be such a great idea. But then again talking to him and explaining to him how you feel is another way to fix the situation.

cryssycakesx3 22

Yeah breaking up is always the answer. why bother staying with your kids father?

naarz 9

That's exactly why you need have a talk with him.....

You normally wouldn't have minded?!? You should! But either way he's a douche.

I need extra information... The fact that you would normally be ok with it is making me come up with all sorts of situations in which I would normally be ok with it. Like, she asked before and it was already planned because else she couldn't go and you called him to ask him to pick you up on the same day? You normally had someone else pick you up and they couldn't make it and by that time he was already on the road? That's it, I can't come up with any other situation in which I would be ok with my boyfriend ditching me in favor of an ex in that situation.

ninety 25

I don't think I would be comfortable with my bf being his ex's plus one to a wedding in any situation.

soupermeal 10

"I normally wouldn't have minded" come on girl

He probably still has feelings for her.