By WalnutGaming - 22/10/2013 19:20 - United States - Silver Spring

Today, my dog got out of the house. I was running after him and remembered the old "pretend you're hurt" trick. I got on the ground, and cried out as if I was hurt. My dog just kept running. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 211
You deserved it 8 071

WalnutGaming tells us more.

Hey guys. I did end up finding my dog. For those who said get a treat or meat, my dog would be way down the street by that time. My dog had stopped to "say Hi" to my neighbor and her dog. I used this method because my dog was trained to come to me when I lay down, but something made him run instead. In training meat was put on the ground and I was put on the ground and my dog chose me first over the meat. He is a good dog really, this is his first actual stunt hes pulled. Anyway, just thought it'd be nice to fill you guys in.

Top comments

Are you sure your dog isn't a bitch? Get it? Haha...no? Okay :( Hope he came back! It took us awhile to train our dog not to run.

Comments

My parents had the same problem with me reading. ****** up world OP

dmonhiro 2

Dogs can't tell if you're hurt by visual alone. Dogs have relatively poor eyesight compared to humans. They use smell to tell if you are injured. Since you weren't actually injured, he couldn't "smell" the stress hormones.

Iris_River 15

Not all people train their dogs the same way. So to all the people "that doesn't work" or whatever (didn't bother reading all the comments) it works depending on the owner and the dog. And sometimes a harsh tone is needed, not always, but sometimes.

I had the same issue with my two golden retrievers. One day I gave up and turned around and walked away from them saying "bye guys, see you later. ... byyyeee" They both came running and this is still my go to. :)

Your dog is an asshole. Mine does the same crap, if she sees the door open she creeps towards it slowly and then takes off at full speed.