By WalnutGaming - 22/10/2013 19:20 - United States - Silver Spring

Today, my dog got out of the house. I was running after him and remembered the old "pretend you're hurt" trick. I got on the ground, and cried out as if I was hurt. My dog just kept running. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 211
You deserved it 8 071

WalnutGaming tells us more.

Hey guys. I did end up finding my dog. For those who said get a treat or meat, my dog would be way down the street by that time. My dog had stopped to "say Hi" to my neighbor and her dog. I used this method because my dog was trained to come to me when I lay down, but something made him run instead. In training meat was put on the ground and I was put on the ground and my dog chose me first over the meat. He is a good dog really, this is his first actual stunt hes pulled. Anyway, just thought it'd be nice to fill you guys in.

Top comments

Are you sure your dog isn't a bitch? Get it? Haha...no? Okay :( Hope he came back! It took us awhile to train our dog not to run.

Comments

My dog likes to get out and run, he even ate through 2 chains, but he only goes to one place my grandmas house.

I going to say that I pity you, OP, but I realized that my dog would do the exact same thing -_-

Actually you can call your pets name and when they turn around run the other way your pet will think you want to play and run after you

Learn how to be leader and train your dog, OP. YDI

This is because your dog is smart enough to know that you were faking.

poor dog ran away boo hoo. treats and training try it....

skyeyez9 24

When was at my husband's aun't house for the first time, I saw an Australian Shepard at her front door. It pawed at the door and wanted in. I assumed it was her dog so I opened the door and let her in. She walked to the living room, laid down and took a nap. I commented how she has a pretty dog. She says "Oh that's not my dog." I was like O.O But she then said the dog comes over every day. There is even a worn trail from the dog walking to her house every day to visit. She even has a water dish set up there and gives her a treat. The dog usually hangs out at her house when her owners are at work.

icepick23 12

Maybe your dog was just happy to get out of there.