By Oops_Im_Blushing - 13/11/2016 06:14

Today, my date kept offering to drop me off back home because he thought I wasn't enjoying myself at the dance. I wasn't enjoying myself at the dance because he kept asking if I wanted to leave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 012
You deserved it 862

Oops_Im_Blushing tells us more.

Hi guys, I'm the OP here! And I just want to clarify somethings. I in fact told him that I was enjoying myself and that he didn't need to keep asking. And I don't think it was that he didn't want to spend time with me as he texted me later seeing if we could see eachother the next day. So I still have no idea lol.

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

If that's why you weren't enjoying yourself then maybe you should've just been honest with him. Would've saved you both an uncomfortable night.

I've been one of those people when I was younger OP, always triple checking my date was having a good time. If you liked him, give him another chance - but preface the date with the stipulation that he's not allowed to ask you if you're having a good time and you'll tell him if not. Give him another chance if he asks you out, some people are just more nervous than others

Comments

Next time, tell your date to shut up and dance with you. If you aren't dancing at a dance and are just standing around (I'm sure it's his fault for not asking you to dance with him) then sometimes you need to hike up your dress, grab his hand and drag his butt out onto the dance floor.

It was his passive-aggressive way to say he wasn't enjoying your company.

Ahh! This is mine! I just made an account so the name doesn't match, but OP here!

Geckosrock99 33

"Well, maybe, just maybe, I'd enjoy myself if you would stop offering to drop me off at home."

Hi guys, I'm the OP here! And I just want to clarify somethings. I in fact told him that I was enjoying myself and that he didn't need to keep asking. And I don't think it was that he didn't want to spend time with me as he texted me later seeing if we could see eachother the next day. So I still have no idea lol.

Did you tell him point blank that it was annoying you that he kept asking?

From what you're saying, it sounds like he's genuinely self conscious. The only way it'll stop is over time, once he starts to realize you actually enjoy spending time with him (assuming you will in the future).

that sounds like exactly what it is XD I went to my prom with a friend of mine and we're both self conscious and don't like to bother people so we kept asking each other if we really wanted to go with each other, the other always said yes, but it always came back up, in the end we went together, had a great time, and all was good

my boyfriend does the same thing ALL THE TIME. your date was just nervous and, like a few other people said, self conscious. just keep letting him know you're enjoying yourself, ask him the same thing, and just be nice to him. compliment him every now and then about things you notice and everything will be fine!

TBH my first thought was that he's asking because he wants to know where you live. Possibly for bad reasons. But then again I'm always cynical.

He probably wanted to be alone with you at your place!

smartjaguargurl 17

Are you sure it wasn't code for "let's go have sex"?

Maybe he was insecure and thought you'd grow bored of him easily

InfiniteSecret 20

I think they wanted to leave and tried to convince you that you want to aswell.