By janused - 18/02/2015 17:17 - Canada - Vancouver

Today, my dad still refuses to repay the loan I gave him. I've just barely managed to pay my bills, and I'm now so poor that I'll have to survive the next 3 days until my next paycheck by eating the only thing left in my fridge: a jar of cheese whiz. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 903
You deserved it 3 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

colton_colton 49

Just go "borrow" some of his food or money

As someone who works in a financial institution, I am sad to say that I see parents taking money from their kids quite often (because their name is on the account). I hope you no longer allow yourself to loan money to your dad since you must take care of yourself as well. I hope your dad will realize he is being a selfish asshole and will pay you back in the near future. Best of luck OP.

Comments

pokemonlexy 6

a pack of ramen noodels are only 19 cents here.

VMH0 1

Never lend him money ever again....lesson learned.

Scorpio1691 29

Someone like that will want to borrow again. There is a lovely 2 letter word you can use as a response.

This is a reality of loaning money to friends or family. Getting it back can destroy relationships. Some of the best advice I've ever heard in this area is to never loan money to friends or family, but if you do, don't expect to see it returned. People who have financial troubles don't usually see an end to them right away, whether to their own bad decisions or to external problems which they have no control over. If you really need food and you can't rely on your dad, then go to the a local food bank. You won't get great stuff, but at least something to get you through the next few days.

If life were the Sims you could just delete your window...

If you have an aldi near you, check in the dumpster. Usually lots of produce and bread and sometimes meat.

Take his ass to court! Get your money back. YOU WORKED HARR FOR IT

amccaul1976 8

just say you need to borrow his car that something is wrong with yours. sell the car and tell him he just paid you back.