By drkate25 - 04/06/2013 16:28 - United States - Enfield

Today, my cats were making a ton of noise rolling around and fighting over their toys, and I yelled for them to knock it off. When they looked up at me, their "toy" ran away. Not a toy, but a real mouse. It's been 2 hours, and I still can't find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 473
You deserved it 11 821

drkate25 tells us more.

They were definitely playing! They did catch it again, ironically enough, in this little pop-up 'mouse hunt' toy tent thing. I managed to trap it and get it outside safely, though they miss their toy.

Top comments

Just more proof that cats are smarter than people and will someday take over the world.

AnthonyWheeler15 24

Don't worry, it probably thinks of you as it's savior. You are a god now.

Comments

MrClean17 15

But you don't have to clean up dead rodent. I'm sure that would have been lovely

JustStella 28

Cats eat mice... and leave nothing behind.

MrClean17 15

They also play with their catch. You've never received a "present"?

JustStella 28

Nope... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

If you cat doesn't shit then there's a problem...

MermaidAnnariea 10

cleaning up a dead rodent is better than trying to catch a live one that's roaming around your house.

olpally 32

Cats don't attack or troll the humans in this FML? Strange. Lol. Good luck finding Stuart little! :)

pfft my cat brings things in every other week. I've learnt to listen out for my cat meowing and grab the nearest cup as quick as I can...

Hopefully they'll eat the mouse, if it is still alive. My cat played with a mouse for six hours straight before it died.

I mean, I understand that it's nature, but that's really sad. You should've put it out of its misery. I find mice incredibly adorable, but they will bite the ******* hell out of you if provoked. Lab mice in college are the bane of my existence.

thatbaybay 8

The rule for leaves "if it has 3 leave it be!"

i could have been worse. i mean at least your not the mouse right ?

At least Hitler didn't rise from his grave to burn down your house!

In the mood for some Ratatouille Cuisine? Don't worry, your cats will find the mouse for you. Cats are designed killing machines. If they were any bigger-- they'd hunt us too! :P

I think your cat is thinking the same thing

I keep glue mouse traps behind my fridge and stove since my cats love to bring mice in and let them go when they get bored and that's usually where they run to.

glue traps are horribly cruel :( a quick snap trap is kinder but i find even those disgusting

U should have left ur cats alone with it that way u wouldn't have this problem