By tallesttree54 - 11/11/2016 00:38

Today my boyfriend proposed to me and I gladly accepted. The first words out of his mouth after getting off his knees were, "I own you now!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 547
You deserved it 1 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Application of makeup will be regarded as an act of vandalism. Any attempts to back out of the engagement could result in legal prosecution for stealing yourself. If you upload any footage of yourself to the internet (YouTube, Snapchat, Vine, etc.), you could be convicted of digital piracy.

If that was a joke, it was in very poor taste.

Comments

I would tell him, "You're stuck with me now!" (Married 16 years and still joking around.)

Play to him "You Don't Own Me" by Leslie Gore

Lol at his sense of humor, but he should have probably saved that line for wedding day.

Jeez, how romantic. I'm not a fan of that type of humor, but only from personal experience with the controlling type. As long as he's not manipulative or abusive (verbally or physically), congratulations on the engagement.

lol that is right down my line of humor. I'd print him out a certificate of ownership and make sure it means he has to groom you, give you shelter, feed and water you, etc.

that humor is the best humor in all honesty

Unlucky1232 20

hahaha hahaha. what? It's important not to lose your sense of humor

Some of these commenters are taking it way too serious, he's obviously a playful guy, and it sounds like something I'd do, and both my girlfriend and I would get a laugh out of it too because we're that great, I'm happy for you guys!

I wouldn't say it's obvious he's joking, we literally only know him from this. We can hope he is. Many people put just funny situations on FML but it still tends to give a more negative thought on the situation..

I would've probably smirked and said "That's what you think.. Who got down on his knees, bitch?"... Plus if you wait till marriage without pre-nup,you'll own half his ass too... Actually more than half if you include alimony and child support if any. ?

Seriously, RUN! Marriage is wonderful but challenging enough when you are with someone who loves and respects you as an equal partner. If he meant that, even a little bit, you are in for years of misery. Trust an old lady who has been married for thirty onederful years and wouldn't change a thing.

You're looking too far into this. The gentleman was probably joking and I'm pretty positive e if he was that controlling OP wouldn't be able to post a FML because be wouldn't leave her alone long enough to type that out.