By givemechange - 06/04/2011 09:27 - United Kingdom

Today, my boyfriend and I flew to another country to see a concert. He said he'd carry all the cash and tickets in his wallet, so I left my bag at the hotel. He got so drunk, five minutes into the show he took off leaving me stranded in a strange city with no means of getting back to the hotel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 678
You deserved it 11 883

givemechange tells us more.

Im the OP. Here's a bit more information on what happened, as the fml format only allows 300 characters. We were going to a Slayer and Megadeath show, so I dont know if anyone who said "bring your purse, der," has ever been to a heavy metal show, but its not exactly the safest place to be carrying around a bag as it can easily be lost/stolen/ripped off of you in the craziness of the mosh pit. Also, it was Barcelona, which is notorious for pick pockets/thieves. The reason I gave my boyfriend all my money/ticket is because we live togather, have been dating for a long time, obviously I trust him, and know that he can take care of himself as he is trained in JuJitsu and MMA. Not that kind of guy you would pick pocket. And for whomever said " Why didnt you just follow him, der," well that would be because his stupid ass left me while I was in the bathroom and he was suppose to be waiting outside holding my drink. I did have my key to the hotel room, which was my only life line, and eventually found a cab driver nice and sympathetic enough to take me back to the hotel free of charge, because at this point I was cleary distraut. Yes, my boyfriend was selfish, moronic, careless and a being a drunk bafoon, but the story has a happy ending, I'm alive and well. ( And this was the first time anything like this has ever happened.)

Top comments

Who the hell is crazy enough to put all their money and their tickets in their wallet when they travel? And, even more, who is stupid enough to say so? Furthermore, why would you be naive enough to go with that and have no other means of support. I vote FAIL all the way around.

Jrefinne 7

You can't trust a man to carry everything. Did he hold your tampons too?

Comments

Jrefinne 7

You can't trust a man to carry everything. Did he hold your tampons too?

I make guys hold my tampons for me all the time when I don't carry my purse with me.

Jrefinne 7

130, they must really like you if they're willing to hold your tampons.

RedPillSucks 31

Always have a plan B (extra cash) when traveling. You shouldn't have relied on your boyfriend to "take care of you".

Ireland doesn't count as another country if you live in Belfast :p

I imagine he found you after the concert? You should always expect separation at a gig and arrange a meeting point. Don't stress so easy! Things like getting lost when travelling are problems that usually sort themselves out

1)finish the show get stranded in a city 2)follow drunk boyfriend back to hotel I think I will pick the 2nd choice =.=

I agree, but to be honest it doesn't say he went back to the hotel or even that she knew he was leaving. She should have had money and ID with her and not relied on him.

And why is he still your bf? Dump him.

don't give your advice because that was a stupid remark... he got drunk people do stupid things when they poison themselves with alcohol her fault for letting him carry everything in his wallet.

That's just an excuse. I don't turn into a douchebag when I get drunk.

QuagD 17

what did he drink to get him drunk in 5 minutes.

muchagente 5

if he's from belfast, he drank anything within reach. fits the 5 mins to make it.

IHeartJimi02 0

Maybe he drank before the show and then had another drink at the show. Or he could just be a lightweight who doesn't know how to handle their liquor.

Rule #1 - Always have a back up plan, especially when travelling. Whether it be as simple as to not have all the money/tickets/ID/keys etc in one place, or to arrange a meeting place if you get split up (or, you know, keep your phone on you & charged). There's a reason they say not to carry your eggs all in one basket. Also, if this is common behaviour on his part, you should not only have definitely had a back up plan, but might want to consider talking to him about it.

cptmorgan15 2