By givemechange - 06/04/2011 09:27 - United Kingdom

Today, my boyfriend and I flew to another country to see a concert. He said he'd carry all the cash and tickets in his wallet, so I left my bag at the hotel. He got so drunk, five minutes into the show he took off leaving me stranded in a strange city with no means of getting back to the hotel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 678
You deserved it 11 883

givemechange tells us more.

Im the OP. Here's a bit more information on what happened, as the fml format only allows 300 characters. We were going to a Slayer and Megadeath show, so I dont know if anyone who said "bring your purse, der," has ever been to a heavy metal show, but its not exactly the safest place to be carrying around a bag as it can easily be lost/stolen/ripped off of you in the craziness of the mosh pit. Also, it was Barcelona, which is notorious for pick pockets/thieves. The reason I gave my boyfriend all my money/ticket is because we live togather, have been dating for a long time, obviously I trust him, and know that he can take care of himself as he is trained in JuJitsu and MMA. Not that kind of guy you would pick pocket. And for whomever said " Why didnt you just follow him, der," well that would be because his stupid ass left me while I was in the bathroom and he was suppose to be waiting outside holding my drink. I did have my key to the hotel room, which was my only life line, and eventually found a cab driver nice and sympathetic enough to take me back to the hotel free of charge, because at this point I was cleary distraut. Yes, my boyfriend was selfish, moronic, careless and a being a drunk bafoon, but the story has a happy ending, I'm alive and well. ( And this was the first time anything like this has ever happened.)

Top comments

Who the hell is crazy enough to put all their money and their tickets in their wallet when they travel? And, even more, who is stupid enough to say so? Furthermore, why would you be naive enough to go with that and have no other means of support. I vote FAIL all the way around.

Jrefinne 7

You can't trust a man to carry everything. Did he hold your tampons too?

Comments

well, it seems like you got home safe somehow, if you're now typing this from a computer.

brittanymosley25 0
FMLsOhilarious 6

That sucks but that's why you have to depend on you and only you. Plus, you were in a foreign country, you never know what could happen. I hate to say this OP but YDI for not thinking ahead of time. On the bright side, you obviously got back to the hotel because you posted this, right? Unless you did it from your phone.

Clearly if you're posting this FML you're either back home safe or you are still stranded but with an iPhone in order to post this... which would mean you'd be able to use google maps on your phone to get back to the hotel surely?

jenaandtyler4eva 0

time to break up with him cause if he did care he would have let you come with him and pay for all of it cause that is what I would do

Sorry, that was your own bad. Always keep your info on YOURSELF! Especially in a Foreign country. I doubt you'll make the same mistake again.

TraceCase_ 19

Must have been the show of a lifetime if you had to buy a plane ticket to get there. Sounds like you guys had a great time, didn't waste any money at all!

So what? Yer lifes ****** cuz of this? Mebbe u need to get a life first

He ditched you, knowing that he had all your money, five minutes into the concert? Why are are you still with him?