By givemechange - 06/04/2011 09:27 - United Kingdom

Today, my boyfriend and I flew to another country to see a concert. He said he'd carry all the cash and tickets in his wallet, so I left my bag at the hotel. He got so drunk, five minutes into the show he took off leaving me stranded in a strange city with no means of getting back to the hotel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 678
You deserved it 11 883

givemechange tells us more.

Im the OP. Here's a bit more information on what happened, as the fml format only allows 300 characters. We were going to a Slayer and Megadeath show, so I dont know if anyone who said "bring your purse, der," has ever been to a heavy metal show, but its not exactly the safest place to be carrying around a bag as it can easily be lost/stolen/ripped off of you in the craziness of the mosh pit. Also, it was Barcelona, which is notorious for pick pockets/thieves. The reason I gave my boyfriend all my money/ticket is because we live togather, have been dating for a long time, obviously I trust him, and know that he can take care of himself as he is trained in JuJitsu and MMA. Not that kind of guy you would pick pocket. And for whomever said " Why didnt you just follow him, der," well that would be because his stupid ass left me while I was in the bathroom and he was suppose to be waiting outside holding my drink. I did have my key to the hotel room, which was my only life line, and eventually found a cab driver nice and sympathetic enough to take me back to the hotel free of charge, because at this point I was cleary distraut. Yes, my boyfriend was selfish, moronic, careless and a being a drunk bafoon, but the story has a happy ending, I'm alive and well. ( And this was the first time anything like this has ever happened.)

Top comments

Who the hell is crazy enough to put all their money and their tickets in their wallet when they travel? And, even more, who is stupid enough to say so? Furthermore, why would you be naive enough to go with that and have no other means of support. I vote FAIL all the way around.

Jrefinne 7

You can't trust a man to carry everything. Did he hold your tampons too?

Comments

awardZu 0

Your bf is a lightweight tard, and you are an idiot. ALWAYS keep your own I'd on you, and at least cab fare in your pocket, just in case something stupid like this happens. Drop the loser, get some common sense.

Oh goodness op you shouldnt have let him carry all the money what if he got robbed.

Egnar 19

I don't want to say you deserved it - Nobody deserves that happening, however, irregardless of if you wanted to leave your bag at home [and I understand the mentality, if my friends drive somewhere I leave my keys in their car instead of dragging them around in my pocket] there was no reason not to bring some pocket cash and an ID with you. You're in a foreign country, you have no idea of your surrondings and you don't know how the locals typically are. While I'm sure you didn't expect your boyfriend to run off drunk and leave you there are other situations [such as robbery, or unexpected expenses] where having extra pocket cash are a MUST. Frankly, it was a silly oversight on your part when just carrying your ID and some cash in your pocket would have caused no discomfort but plenty of safety in the longrun.

Irregardless is not a proper word. It's a double negative - 'ir' and 'less' imply the same thing.

Egnar 19

Good for you, it's a shame that while it may not be a standard English word do to the double negative element its usage has been around for decades and shows up in the dictionary. REGARDLESS of your troll attempt, you were capable of understanding the meaning of my post

cptmorgan15 2

You have to drag your keys around in your pocket? Do they weight that much where you really notice them? I'd understand if you were a girl and wore tight pants, because it could get annoying, but.... Do you wear tight pants?

I couldn't read your post past irregardless. That is like ******* garlic to a vampire for me.

Egnar 19

I keep quiet a few keys on my keychain between my personal use and 2 jobs. So yes I typically do notice them, it doesn't really bother me too much unless I plan on spending a large deal of time sitting down. If I do I typically take them out of my pocket, thus, when a friend drives I find it easier to leave them in his glove compartment.

Unfortunately for you, I am not a troll. It's also unfortunate that despite the fact 'irregardless' may show up in some dictionaries, it's still the opposite of the word you were really looking for. If you're really going to use the improper word, at least learn what it means.

I read "irregardless" and then couldn't read the rest of your comment... HATE IT

notquite69 0

You go to another country without your "bag" and completely depend on someone else? Just plain stupid. And I'm sure he's been an asshole before this, but you're still dating him. YDI.

YDI! Always have emergency cash on you! my parents taught me that as a teen!

wow what a douche bag! get rid of his ass

kamodo 0

I agree with u. He must of been a light wait if it took 5 minutes to get drunk and do something strange.

There's no excuse! Only one option left now... you're gonna have to kill him!