By Sir Davos of Shit Creek - 13/05/2016 20:00 - Canada - Frankford

Today, my boss asked if I'd finished my work for the day. I've been binge-watching Game of Thrones this week, and I accidentally replied "Yes, Your Grace," British accent and all. He told me to stow my "sarcasm" or I'd be looking for a new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 007
You deserved it 11 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm all for binge watching, but if the lines between fantasy and reality are becoming blurred, perhaps you should reevaluate your life.

You know nothing (of workplace etiquette), Jon Snow.

Comments

Mathalamus 24

Maybe you need to learn moderation.

I binge watch shows all the time but it has never affected my vocabulary or speech patterns before. You deserved it.

MoroseMoose 47

Agree! At the very least, OP should think about what they say before they say it to their boss.

Not sure which button to click on this one. Sucks that your boss has no sense of humor, but also ydi for trying to be funny with your humorless boss.

izntdan 14

He wasn't trying to be funny. He accidentally said it due to hearing it so much on the show

Have you ever heard of someone speaking in a foreign accent on accident? Most likely, he just said it was an accident because fml's format didn't give him enough room to explain why he really responded that way.

23: I'm pretty sure he explained why very clearly with the format he was given...

CliffyB03 28

Although you should know not to do that, he has no sense of humor

Was that a rhetorical question? If you're still at your desk typing, reading etc. Then no you're not done working for the day. I can't stand when my boss micromanages. Sadly he also lacks a sense of humor.

Better slow your role, or you will be saying to yourself, "A man has no job."

just quit, someone who can't take a joke isn't worth working for.

newclassics1999 3

both really. You didn't deserve the harsh remark but you shouldn't be binge watching GoT. You should be binge watching Mr. Robot.

I would prefer to binge watch GoT rather than anything else.

This would go over smoothly where I work. Everyone watches it, here!