By Anonymous - 04/07/2014 22:02 - United Kingdom - Sherborne

Today, my 11-year-old son and I took an IQ test for a laugh. To be honest, I've often suspected that I may have some form of mental retardation, but I didn't expect to get a score of 79, while he got one of 114. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 567
You deserved it 7 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you should be proud that you have a smart child.

Comments

FroggerForReal 11

lol don't stress. it might be because as younger kids are the more they're like sponges so they can recall things way easier. But you OP can't process as fast but that's OK because as we all age the more forgetful we are of knowledge we once knew and then the branding of "dumb" starts to become a sigma.

Just curious, doesn't IQ score depend on how you take it? Like the free online tests vs tests you pay for? Anyways, it's still pretty impressive for your son to score that high.

It's not that high to be honest. IQ tests are normalized around the average of 100 with a deviation of 15. Wich means about 30% has an IQ between 100 and 115

hey be proud that your kid is smarter and better than you, every parent wants that :)

MSbear456 5

IQ tests are biased based on location and do not accurately display or measure a persons intelligence. Don't fret. :) it's all good.

I never thought people with mental retardation could acknowledge the fact that they do indeed have it. I don't know why that's surprising and now I feel like a jerk. I mean, is it a legit IQ test? Or something randomly chose off the internet?

the_Jessicaaa 11

Look at the bright side!!! You have a smart kid!! That's good because i had a teacher whose daughter graudated with a GPA of 2.8

Anonyma518 5

Genius is above 150. I also wonder why people think it's that great being slightly above average. 90% of people aren't smart at all, sad truth.

supersquirel500 10

I got 120 something. but I think that's only barely above average.

IQ has a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 10. You are therefore two standard deviations above the mean, if you took a standard reputable IQ test.

The standard deviation is 15 actually, that's why you're considered gifted above 130.

IQ tests are limited in what they test. They are normally also divided into a math part and a language part; I have 96 in the math part and 126 in the language part.