By kkiv - 29/08/2009 07:21 - Poland

Today, it was my father's wedding. He never really cared for me, and his fiancée is my age, but I thought it would mean a lot to him if I went. I was supposed to wait for his call the day before, so he would give me directions and tell me when it starts. He never called. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 106
You deserved it 3 304

kkiv tells us more.

I don't really have the patience to answer every single comment, let me just say: - to those of you who say I'm stupid/naive for thinking he might care about me this time: he invited me. it was official. the wedding was small, and I'm not sure he even distributed any sort of invitations on paper. of course it's impossible to sum up 21 years of a father-daughter relationship in one FML post, so I wrote that he didn't really care about me, because that's the overall leitmotif. - to those who say I should get over it et cetera - I am over it. you should have seen me when it happened, I just shook my head, put on a bitter smile and told my mother he didn't call, surprise surprise. the reason I posted this here was that just because I'm over it, and just because I'm used to having a shitty father, doesn't mean it's alright and natural. plus it had a comical accent to it, which I'm surprised nobody caught. guess it's my Polish sense of humour. and yes, I am turning the other cheek, and when he calls, I answer, and when he offers to meet, I agree. not because I'm naive, and not because I'm some sort of martyr - sometimes even I don't know why I keep giving him one chance after another. I just don't really see any sense in me ignoring him, or getting back at him, or anything of that sort, it's just not my way of thinking. and to be honest, I do laugh about it sometimes. yes, my father is an asshole, he's a selfish prick and doesn't deserve to have kids, but like my mother said: - well, honey, what can I say? he was really handsome, AND on the basketball team. and just look at how pretty you are..!

Comments

Completely agreed. The father obviously doesn't care anymore and is most likely focused on a "new family" Sucks for the OP :( ___________________________ www.myspace.com/rapid99

your dad is a d***, it's not your fault. you tried to be the bigger person and go to his wedding. and his new wife is f***ed in the head for marrying some dude that doesn't even care about his own kids.

ky_stone22 0

That's so sad. Really, I do feel bad for you, but I'm just wondering...if he never really cared for you, why would you think it would mean a lot to him for you to come? I mean, if he's the kind of guy that it actually WOULD mean a lot to him, then that really sucks. Actually, it really sucks anyway, but I was just thinking. I'm probably wrong. But seriously, screw your dad. He doesn't deserve you as a daughter.

I would've punched him, or kicked him in the nuts... FYL OP.

Anyone that types longer than two sentence comments are complete assholes that REALLY, REALLY want attention.

mrda 0

Your fathers marraige will fail.

Njord09 2

"he never really cared for me" / "i thought it would mean a lot to him if i went". Are you that dumb? Get a hint . YDI.

Why did you think it would mean a lot to him if he never cared for you? Makes no sense.

My grampa is like that to my mum and her two brothers. :/ ouch, sorry, FYL. I understand how you tried to be there. :/