By kkiv - 29/08/2009 07:21 - Poland

Today, it was my father's wedding. He never really cared for me, and his fiancée is my age, but I thought it would mean a lot to him if I went. I was supposed to wait for his call the day before, so he would give me directions and tell me when it starts. He never called. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 106
You deserved it 3 304

kkiv tells us more.

I don't really have the patience to answer every single comment, let me just say: - to those of you who say I'm stupid/naive for thinking he might care about me this time: he invited me. it was official. the wedding was small, and I'm not sure he even distributed any sort of invitations on paper. of course it's impossible to sum up 21 years of a father-daughter relationship in one FML post, so I wrote that he didn't really care about me, because that's the overall leitmotif. - to those who say I should get over it et cetera - I am over it. you should have seen me when it happened, I just shook my head, put on a bitter smile and told my mother he didn't call, surprise surprise. the reason I posted this here was that just because I'm over it, and just because I'm used to having a shitty father, doesn't mean it's alright and natural. plus it had a comical accent to it, which I'm surprised nobody caught. guess it's my Polish sense of humour. and yes, I am turning the other cheek, and when he calls, I answer, and when he offers to meet, I agree. not because I'm naive, and not because I'm some sort of martyr - sometimes even I don't know why I keep giving him one chance after another. I just don't really see any sense in me ignoring him, or getting back at him, or anything of that sort, it's just not my way of thinking. and to be honest, I do laugh about it sometimes. yes, my father is an asshole, he's a selfish prick and doesn't deserve to have kids, but like my mother said: - well, honey, what can I say? he was really handsome, AND on the basketball team. and just look at how pretty you are..!

Comments

ithedarkone 0

WHO cares honestly a few things i learned about life. Do you because at the end of the day when it all comes down to it... its your life and no one else is going to live it for you they got there own so make the best of it babe. Because when your out doing your thing and making moves there going to be the one coming back wanting to build a relationship and thats when you tell then you know what its to late ive moved on seee ya!

rai2525 0

If you wanted to go so badly, why didn't you call him? I don't get why everyone is attacking the dad when he has an entire wedding on his mind. It doesn't sound like she really wanted to go anyway...

Your father's a dick and he's just let you know that he doesn't expect you to do anything for him when he's old and feeble.

ok, like I said before, the wedding was very small, no reception, because my grandma died recently, and I agree with ABO, even if it was a 300 people reception on yacht, it's still no excuse to forget about me. as to my backbone, or my lack of life, it really seems to me that the people who so often tell others (on the internet, of course!) to 'get a life', are the ones that need this advice the most. my FML post was more of a shrug/sigh than a fountain of tears or an invitation for people to pity me. I'm pretty used to his irrational behavior by now, yet it doesn't mean he should get away with it, and that it's not a FML...

My dad sucks too . I'm sorry that happened.

i wuda called him up the day afta n be lak **** YOU n take all his weed

Your dad's a loser. You'll be better off without him.

oh boo hoo my dad hates me to you dont see me bitching on fml about it atleast your old enough to move on with your life and get away with him ateast your not stuck living with him

God you sound like a complete bitch. Different people care differently for their fathers. Just because you learned to live with it in your family doesn't mean others have. Try and think before you post. ___________________________ www.myspace.com/rapid99

and btw you should know that all polish dads hate there kids whether full polish or not my dads half polish and he's always a jackass to me

Screw your father. Ignore him for the rest of your life. I mean jesus he hates you and then he marries someone your age? Don't bother with him.

I'm 100% Polish and my dad doesn't hate me. Maybe you're just a shitty kid.

dude, my dad's fully polish and he doesn't hate me at all. i agree with bmach, you're prob a shitty kid.

amyfann 26

#45 #57 being" 100% polish" doesn't have anything to do with it. Anyone from any race, nationality, could have a loser for a dad.