By water fail - 28/01/2016 11:42 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, it was an extremely hot day so I hit up the beach for a swim. Just as I entered the water, the first wave approached me. I tried to jump it and lost my footing, managing to dislocate my hip. I had to be dragged from the water by the lifeguards. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 412
You deserved it 2 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steve97 32

On the bright side at least it's not -20 and winter where you are :p

Comments

aeryn97 17

Omg! that's awful. hope you recover quickly

You're a Kiwi and haven't figured out how oceans and beaches work? Don't think you'd last long in Canada, ice is trickier and considerably more solid! ;-)

That sucks! Was this on Piha beach, do we get to watch it on Piha Resue this year? Good luck with the recovery.

It doesn't necessarily take blunt force trauma in order to dislocate a hip. I've done it multiple times before, some from pretty ridiculous things. I have a joint disorder that makes my connective tissue stretchy. To quote a previous doctor: "Where most people have ropes, you have bungee cords." Though it's unlikely to happen in normal circumstances, I won't rules something out as impossible without knowing them.

Your case is rare but most people do require blunt force trauma to dislocate their hip. I know I've actually dislocated my hip falling off my roof and I've got extensive knowledge from orthopedic surgeons so yeah this guy either has connective tissue/joint issues, doubtful or he's full of shit.

That means we're doing our job. Your welcome.

Waves alone and tripping won't cause a hip to become dislocated unless you've got pre-existing hip issues. To dislocate a hip requires extreme blunt force trauma.

momac86 17

Good way to meet a hottie lg ?

I've done that mate only it was my knee.. it's ****** embarrassing and painful..... only our life guards insult you all the way