By Basically_ - 11/05/2015 21:24 - United States - Charleroi

Today, I went to work at my job as a CNA at a long-term care facility. I'm also on a medication that has a side effect of confusion. I had 3 residents with Alzheimer's tell me to 'get my shit together.' FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 898
You deserved it 4 703

Basically_ tells us more.

OP here! Maybe I should have specified that the medication causes mild confusion, as in, maybe I forget where a specific resident keeps their towels. Alzheimer's residents can get very upset if everything is not done in a specific way. I would never go to work if I thought I could not do my job!

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

Maybe it would be better to take some time off until you're done using that medication. Or at least until you can get those side effects under control. I wouldn't want a doped-up nurse taking care of me.

I'm sorry but them telling you to get your shit together is pretty funny. Hopefully the side effects of your medication go away.

Comments

hunterluv1 20

Don't worry too much about it, if the medication is working for you and the side effect isn't too negatively impacting you, just keep doing your job best you can.

I'll be the one to state the obvious.... That's really bad advice, the "best you can do" is clearly not good enough and being in the health care industry is a job where you HAVE to be good enough or it could **** people up badly.

hunterluv1 20

it's my bad, I've been studying all day and came on FML on a break. I read the FML a little weird in my head and now looking at it I see why what I commented doesn't make sense. Yes, OP either needs to change their medicine or stop working until they don't need it anymore. I'm seeking a career in nursing so I know the importance of the job, and that no one wants a nurse that isn't fully aware of everything going on around them. sorry!

At least they could tell that to someone, instead of being told that by people ;) don't worry, you'll get better and will do your job well :)

I'm really confused by this... Are you saying people with Alzheimer's aren't people?

I think they meant at least people with Alzheimer's can say things like that, rather than healthy people saying it to the ones with Alzheimer's

AnOriginalName 19

Maybe it would be better to take some time off until you're done using that medication. Or at least until you can get those side effects under control. I wouldn't want a doped-up nurse taking care of me.

They're not a doped up nurse. They're a doped up nurses aid. You would be surprised how many doped up nurses are actually out there though.

That is pretty funny to be fair, They sound like awesome elderly people. Hopefully you can get some control of the side effects soon

Is it really best to be working in the medical field when taking medication with the side effect of confusion?

You could kill someone. Literally. This is not an FML. This is a potential murder. I see the irony though.

hushhh 4

Okay, this is the best FML that I've read in a long time...lol. Hopefully, it's not a medication that you have to stay on permanently.

Don't worry to much about it... they won't remember it tomorrow!

Old man: "Get your shit together!" Same old man: "Who said that?!"

assurant 12

you should've told then that if they say that again you will poison them and let them slowly choke on their own blood

Hahahaha!!!!! That made my night! Awesome call from the elderly!