By calamityjosie - 18/09/2009 17:24 - United Kingdom

Today, I was waiting for a delivery between 9am-8pm. At 7:30 pm, I finally decided to have a 3 minute (desperately needed) shower. During which time the delivery man came. I ran down the street in a towel that barely covered me. He was driving away looking at me in the mirror laughing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 875
You deserved it 11 208

calamityjosie tells us more.

Yeah, fair enough, OR 1). If I didn't run after the parcel it would have been sent back to the depot (in Bristol!) And would have gone back to America after 1day there! I would have had to pay extortionate posting for it to come back again! 2). Was being picked up at 8 - so yes I absolutely did have to have a shower! 3). If you'd been waiting all day getting restless would you not panic, given that you wouldn't expect out of a 13 hour slot - the parcel comes during the three minute shower you need?! And yes, it is my own stupidity - that's why it's funny, that I clearly have absolutely no common sense...hence the FML! To be honest I'd join FML too if all I had time to do with my day was leave criticisms on other people's jokes. :)

Top comments

that really sucks, but couldn't you have waited those last 30 minutes too?

Don't they usually leave it in front of your door? Even if you need to sign for it, they'll usually leave one of those notes saying you need to go pick it up, or that they'll be back the next day to deliver it again.

Comments

9 am to 8 pm? That's a crime, they shouldn't make you devote 11 hours to waiting for the guy!!!

A 9am to 8pm delivery time would probably be for something like a Fridge...or something huge. If it's small, companies won't call. They'll show up, if you're not there, you get to pick it up at the business place.

hilove22 0

i hate when that happens... come at the last possible moment. ughh

YDI for not leaving some note or anything, and i think your weed could wait another day or two

only had to wait 30 more minutes. your fail. if it was during the day instead then not really your fault.

Chach_12 0

wow you fail. you couldn't wait 30 more minutes to take a shower??!! YDI

FlaminYawn 0

Wow, amazing how not everyone is saying she deserves it. How was a shower so important that you couldn't wait 30 minutes? Even knowing the irony of how things like this happen, I would've thought to myself "I know I need a shower, but the minute I get in is when he'll come, so what's another 30 minutes?". Nobody thinks shit through anymore, it's annoying...

Exactly what I was thinking. Either take the shower at 8 am or wait another half hour!

Sambo110 0

I hate when your expecting a parcel and you need to go to the toilet. You just don't want to risk missing it.

that is the stupidest time frame i have ever seen for a delivery. they usually give me and other people i know a 4 hour time frame. that is just ridiculous, FYL those delivery guys are just trying to interfere with people's lives.

I was wondering what that smell was. you stink horribly. and I probably live thousands of miles away from you. thank you for taking the shower.

vencku 13

Heh. Yes, it had been gross but bearable until 7 pm out here, but around that time the smell suddenly became horrendous! I think people would have died if that shower wasn't taken. Suffocated by stench.