By socianx - 18/08/2013 21:23 - Albania

Today, I was to give a business report to several important shareholders. Right at the start, I broke into a coughing fit, then got so nervous that I froze up. When I tried to excuse myself, I tripped over my own feet. I'm now facing demotion for making the company look bad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 150
You deserved it 5 664

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He should appreciate the comedy act you just gave them.

Lighten up you could've had a notification pop up to renew your pornhub subscription, life can always get worse.

Comments

The company should have extended a large cane to pull you off stage.

UnluckyGenius 21

But everyone enjoys a good three stooges act! Wait- did you forget Curly and Joe?(Not sure if I got the names right..)

I think it's Curly and Larry. I believe Curly was also known as Curley Joe. Something like that.. (I've never even seen the three stooges, I've only heard stuff about it years ago)

DrownedMyFish 18

You're close. Their names are Curly, Larry, and Moe.

I knew Moe was the one the original comment didn't mention, but I thought Joe was the middle name of one of them or something. O.o I don't even know.

UnluckyGenius 21

Thank you all, I haven't watched any Three Stooges in 6 years.

Don't forget shimp! He was later added and took one of their places.

nnnope 26

51 - you mean shemp? he was Moe's IRL brother (in case that wasn't obvious).

You didn't make the company look bad, you just made it look... funny?

That's so stupid. Your superiors shouldn't have done that. Everyone makes mistakes.

RedPillSucks 31

But some mistakes will cost the company customers and money. If OP is unable to handle a presentation then he should not be in a position to have to give one

I don't see how anyone could click YDI. Nobody can prevent it on the spot, and its really bad that OP's job decided to blame him for it.

olpally 32

Well, ****. I hope they don't demote you for having a little social anxiety. Not your fault.

It is his fault for not having the coping skills required to be a functioning adult member of society. The business world is ruthless and he obviously isn't measuring up.

Don't trip yourself, explain it to the boss. No pun intended

Sucks to hear my Albanian friend.

Sorry to hear... Hope everything works out well and they cancel your demotion