By halien1982 - 03/01/2010 06:36 - United States

Today, I was sitting at the bar of a popular local restaurant. I sat there for a few hours and drank my sorrows away with the bartender. I thought she was pretty, and decided to give her a large tip. The tip sent me over my credit card limit, and the bartender is not single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 426
You deserved it 35 401

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

toxic_fire 0

YDI OP i feel no sympathy. i agree. you shudnt have gotten that drunk in the first place and you cant buy women. how degrading.

remy_xi 0

Should HAVE, for ****'s sake.

toxic_fire 0

YDI for pretty much trying to buy a date with her.

Dating is like prostitution... except you don't always get what you paid for...

YDI for falling for the bartender trick.

YDI for falling for the bartender trick.

kozmikstarz 0

Even if she was single, you probably wouldn't have gotten any where with her, Loser!

jollyjam1 2

Turning to drugs to medicate your "sorrows" isn't the smartest way to deal with them. In fact it is pretty dumb.

Malinkrot 3

Lol you sound fresh out of DARE class, armed and ready to give the world your 8th grade knowledge!

jollyjam1 2

Nope MORON, I've been through it...rehab and all. I would suggest you do not post until you actually have passed the 8th grade.

Malinkrot 3

I guess its hard for me to consider alcohol a real drug when i've lived with and seen people whose lives have been destroyed by actual drugs like heroin.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

I feel ya my older brother got hooked on oxycontin and then started using heroin because it was cheaper, the withdrawals that opiate addicts go through are scary shit...it makes "alcoholism" seem like nothing. before he got clean my brother was injecting heroin in his jugular (neck vein) because his arms were so torn apart

jollyjam1 2

Liar. If that were true you would both understand the dangers of addictions and the use of drugs. Therefore, you wouldn't have made the dumb DARE comment. Get your story straight before posting.

Malinkrot 3

You totally missed my point, first of all most of what DARE teaches is bull and part of the USA's failing "war on drugs" and second I was saying that since you called alcohol a drug and said that a person was stupid for one night of drinking at a bar. Compare one night of drinking (which millions of people all around the world do without spiraling into alcoholism) to one night of doing heroin (which is much more dangerous and addictive and makes alcohol look like a joke) and you will know what I mean. Its cute that you can try to call me a liar over something so vague. Thats like saying "you said you are in college, but your grammar is bad, so you must be lying about going to college."

jollyjam1 2

Nice backpedal. Truth is alcohol IS a drug and dangerous. Unfortunately, it is clowns like you and their cavalier attitude toward said drug that causes people to just shrug off it's effects. And I stand by my original comment (no backpedal here) alcohol is a drug and it is stupid to spend a night drinking anywhere. People should have more respect for their bodies.

Truth is caffeine IS a drug and dangerous. Unfortunately, it is clowns like you and their cavalier attitude toward said drug that causes people to just shrug off it's effects. And I stand by my original comment (no backpedal here) caffeine is a drug and it is stupid to spend a night drinking anywhere. People should have more respect for their bodies. My variation on your post is just as accurate about it being a drug and it being dangerous - do you still agree that it's "stupid" and "people should have more respect for their bodies"?

jollyjam1 2

DUH, Yes. Now what is your problem?

Jollyjam, you're ridiculous. I also think you realized how ridiculous you are half way through, but just too embarrassed to admit it. Take the first step my friend - get out of denial.

My "problem" is that alcohol is no more dangerous than caffeine. Anything consumed to the extreme will kill you (even water). People who desire something and consume it until it harms them do it regardless of what that something is because they lack self control. Some people drink pop until they get fat, others drink alcohol or do drugs until it causes some sort of problem for them. Blaming the object is ignoring the actual issue which is people not having self control.

jollyjam1 2

Oh so not true. But nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. If you would do a little research you would know this - but alas, you shoot your mouth off without really thinking. Alcohol is dangerous and not recognizing the dangers is indeed contributing to the problem not just a lack of self control. If you call a spade a spade - alcohol is a drug - and quit trying to flower it up, maybe people would think twice before they head down that slippery slope.