By Eyeslick - 20/02/2016 07:42 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, I was rejected from the college of my dreams. I am now the only kid in 5 generations on my dad's side and 3 on my mom's to not get accepted and go to this school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 935
You deserved it 3 521

Eyeslick tells us more.

Yes you're correct! But let me Somme a little light on the subject(warning my reply includes religion so if you're just going to hate....just don't read this!) Where I live there are two big universities that are well known and both are some of the top ranking schools in the United states. That's why my family has been going there for a long time, and the reason why I was hoping to be able to attend said school (plus their soccer team was interested in me).This school is very difficult to get into, and well not to toot my own horn, I easily had the after school activities and grades to get into said school. After praying about why I wasn't accepted I received the distinct impression that I need to go to the other school because I am needed there for some reason....so well I guess I'll see what that means some day. Luckily I also applied to this second school because out of the two this one has a better medical school, which applies more towards my major of choice. I also have scholarships at this second school so that's a bonus. So in the end I guess everything ends a lot better then expected.

Top comments

WretchedOwls 11

sounds like it's the college of your family's dreams. there are plenty of reputable universities out there, don't think you have to go there just because everyone else did.

Sorry OP but maybe do a year at community college and have time to work on everything you may have been lacking. Then transfer the year after. Best of luck!

Comments

You can appeal this decision. Especially being you can cite the rest of the family going.

I'll be honest I don't know much about the US college system, but here universities are probably more likely to offer you places of your family haven't been in higher education before. If you come from a high achieving background like that the assumption tends to be that you have already had the support necessary to give you the best shot of getting in

In the US the colleges would probably laugh at you if you tried to use that as a reason. Unless your family has made contributions in the past or something, it probably won't matter to any reasonably sized college or university.

M3DO 24

Who said his family is pressuring him to go in it? Clearly says the college of HIS dreams

Atleast you're not the 1st even though I'm sure it still sucks. I promise it won't matter after 10 years op. Hang in there.

Try again next semester. If rejected again, try the following term. you don't say why you were turned down. Grades? Maybe you can attend a community college to bring them.up before trying again.

andrmac 25

Make your own path. Just because they gave you a legacy you still need to do you.

Great, now you can be the first in your family to go to another school.

Maybe this is a sign telling you to be different than the rest of your family and do what you want to do, not go down the same old beaten path everyone else has

At least now you can start your own legacy!

If it's that important to you, do a year of community college where you can get a killer GPA and then reapply. College is a big deal; it's worth the work if its worth going at all!

Sounds like you get to start a new college tradition.