By JoeyTheJedi - 18/10/2016 00:31 - United States - Batesville

Today, I was making the daily commute to work when suddenly my mother calls me, crying that there's been a death in the family, then abruptly hangs up. I speed home, to find my mother holding the tiny corpse of a fish that she got 2 weeks ago. I got fired for being late to work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 418
You deserved it 1 322

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you not think to call into to work to mention that you would be late because of a family emergency? Showing up late without prior notice is pretty irresponsible (unless you were in an emergent situation that rendered you unable to call ... such as you had a heart attack or were trapped under a 10 car pileup or something.) Also, I know it's never nice to loose a pet, but to be so hysterical in a situation like this is odd. While it seems like poor judgement on your mothers part to call you, if she was truly upset, it may indicate a more serious issue such as depression.

Alup132 22

I thought the fact that she hung up seemed a little fishy.

Comments

Your mother should not have fish. Or any pets, really, but especially not the ones who are most likely to die quickly.

You must have been late several times before for them to fire you.

some clarification is needed from your moms part...

Relax op. You would've got fired anyway when you took off for the funeral.

Sounds like your mom needs a conversation about what's appropriate and what's inappropriate to considered an emergency. Also, OP, you probably figured as much but her response is atypical and if she's got a history of similar behavior or this is the start of a chain of unusual behavior, she might need dragged to the doctor, even if she doesn't want to go.

You should have called work before heading to your mother's house.

I'm SO glad I don't have a stupid mother.

Did you try to explain that your mother had you convinced there was a family emergency?

Too bad if only you were a Sith you could have had control over your life, there still is time my young apprentice, join me in the dark side and I can bring back your fish to life.. terms and conditions apply... for more information please read the dark disciple agreement carefully before singing.....

yea you shoulda lied to work and made up a family death