By Foreigner - 01/08/2011 15:05 - Jersey

Today, I was having a great time shopping with my gran, until she started complaining about all the foreigners ruining our town, and counting each person who didn't look 100% British. It wouldn't even have been so bad if I wasn't adopted into the family, from Russia. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 706
You deserved it 3 073

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry.. Take the comforting words of Rebecca black... Everybody's Russian

Comments

RabidBunny 10

The important thing is to never forget your roots, never forget who you are.

That feels like a quote from The Lion King...>_>

Nah, the Simpsons. Apu's mom, anyone?

HelloNoora1 0

lupe fiasco, that's what it sounds like

rkurdek 4

The old: a precious resource of minor racism.

Grandparents being racist? What a surprise.

bobbymullet 11

I had to read this like 7 times to understand it. apparently she still loves you so..ohh well.

shrimp1234 4
fatalkiss 0

It wouldn't have even been so bad? Uh, yeah, it would have. Racist old ****.

You really think it's completely her fault for holding racist beliefs? Why do you think so many elderly people are slightly racist? They were TAUGHT to be from a very young age, in school and everything. Sure, she may be faulted for continuing to hold such views when most of society now condemns it, but it's extremely difficult to change deeply ingrained beliefs inculcated from birth, especially when you are already old. I don't think that makes her a ****. Just a sadly misguided old lady.

bwenduh45 7

Umm #57 I don't think she's THAT old.......

muchagente 5

apart from the language, which i do object to, i agree with 21.

Sheilatakeabow 0

Haha, I know a lot of grandparents like that. They firmly believe that if you're not 100% British you can leave, despite the fact that there's no such thing as a 100% British person.

There are millions of 100% British people since being British is a nationality, not a race.

In Soviet Russia... know what? No! I'm not even gunna do it...