By Dobby123 - 08/11/2009 20:44 - Mexico

Today, I was falling asleep on my desk, my head on my fist. My elbow slipped off the edge of the desk and I punched myself, leaving a fist mark on my cheek. At school, people think my parents hit me. My parents think I'm getting bullied at school. No one believes the actual story. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 792
You deserved it 5 454

Dobby123 tells us more.

For those who don't get it, beside my desk is a table a little bit lower than the desk. When my elbow hit that, it stopped, but my head kept on going and technically my face hit my fist, although my fist also hit my face. Sorry couldn't put that in the story, we can only write 300 characters, so yeah. I still have no idea how I could've hit my face so hard I got a mark :(

Top comments

Your physics would work if the head was a free object, but it's kinda attached to a neck. So yes, it's perfectly valid that your elbow could go first, followed by your head once your body slumped over after it was knocked off balance. Kind of like kicking the stool out from under a man about to be hung from the gallows.

That's just awesome. I mean, for us. Not so much for you.

Comments

Byah 2

That's pretty hilarious. I'm a little confused at the reactions of the people at school, unless this is a regular occurrence. My friends/teachers would believe me if I told them the story... or at least not jump to the conclusion that my parents beat me. I can understand the parents' point of view, though. Either way, it's funny for us :)

This is pretty funny, not really an FML, but I'm not complaining.

For those who don't get it, beside my desk is a table a little bit lower than the desk. When my elbow hit that, it stopped, but my head kept on going and technically my face hit my fist, although my fist also hit my face. Sorry couldn't put that in the story, we can only write 300 characters, so yeah. I still have no idea how I could've hit my face so hard I got a mark :(

I figured something similar. Thanks for clearing that up.

That still doesn't even work. When your head is resting on your fist, your head isn't going to move away from your first unless some other force is pushing it off. When your elbow fell off the table, your head is going right along with it at the same speed and direction. Otherwise it's like your head was floating in mid air for a second and then landed on your fist. In which case, you purposefully punched yourself in the face and weren't even sleeping. Either way, this doesn't account for a very good FML. Even a mark left on your face from your head resting on your fist, won't stay there for very long.

Your physics would work if the head was a free object, but it's kinda attached to a neck. So yes, it's perfectly valid that your elbow could go first, followed by your head once your body slumped over after it was knocked off balance. Kind of like kicking the stool out from under a man about to be hung from the gallows.

redhedsaysrawr 18

no, this happened to my boyfriend in the middle of class as well... On a desk, when youre resting the sides of your chin on your fists, any movement of the elbows slipping would cause them to move away from your face for a second- this is then proceeded by either your fist going back into your cheek, or your forehead hitting the table.

29 trying to be the smartass proving someone wrong and ended up looking like a dumbass. typical douchebag karma

The physics works. When you put your elbow on the table you're also pushing it down, while you just leave your head to gravity. The fist would move faster than the head if the elbow slips, resulting in punching yourself.

what if the sensation of falling made him jerk awake, and he jerk-punched himself in the face?

DeltaDragonxx 20

29 iv had similar hapepn. if ou are expend it your head is gonah hesitate as a reflex

ShirtlessWonder 17

Alright #29, so with the beautiful logic you just provided us with, apparently we shouldn't feel any jolting forward when we go to a sudden stop in a car. I guess seatbelts are pointless then, huh? After all, since we're moving with the car and resting in it, we shouldn't feel anything when the car stops, right?

#95 what in the world did you just type? Sometimes it pays to re- read.

Yeah it can happen. they don't exactly have to fall at the same speed like some ppl might think

lifeislife_fml 0

LOL that happens to me all the time. My elbow moves off the desk/car arm rest and I get jolted awake.

BlowYaMind 0

LIES! Your parents really do beat you! Don't they?! WEAR LONG SLEEVES! YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T LET THEIR SECRET OUT! >:O "Old man, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!" (Talladega Nights).

haha this shit happens to me all the time. i bruise easy and im clumsy.

There is an easy solution to this. Tell everyone at your school and your parents to go to this url. Problem solved and you will be famous.

I hate it when school officials think such stupid things. Hopefully the authorities won't get involved, because trust me, that would REALLY **** your life over.

If you're sleeping in class, your report card should back up your story.

maybe they have a desk in their room and maybe they were finishing hw in the morning so their rents didn't notice until he got back