By jailofc - 07/11/2012 05:48 - United States - Flagstaff

Today, I was bitched out by my supervisor because of my lack of "customer service" skills. I work at a jail and all my "customers" are criminals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 225
You deserved it 4 694

jailofc tells us more.

Hey everyone I am the OP, I am a CO at a very "nice" jail as I like to think, we treat our inmates with respect as long as they show respect back ( I didn't mean to start a political debate here haha). Basically, I thought it was stupid to be bitched out about my "customer service" because that is a very strange thing to say about a jail, where SAFETY and SECURITY should be priority. And frankly, I don't believe my *accused* criminals should be served in any other way besides providing safety and security.

Comments

doesn't mean you get to treat them like shit

As an ex con I must say, most of the comments on this FML make me sick. Just because someone is in jail does not mean they should be treated with any less respect than anyone else. That's the reason (in my opinion) that most people that go to jail, treat it like a revolving door. Once you go to jail it's like people don't give a shit about you any more. Jobs won't hire you, and because of that you can't pay fines and fees, and do you think the courts care? no. They'll just throw your ass back in for non compliance. I've been out for 12 years and have had 5 jobs, none of which have lasted for more than a month, 3 of which I lost BECAUSE I'm an ex con, and I've lost count of how many refused me the job in the first place because of it. Nobody gives a shit. All because of one mistake from when I was a teenager. I have fought tooth and nail to NEVER go back to jail, but people don't see that. They see that I went once and that's it. As far as OP, it's a double edge sword, yes treat them with respect but don't let them walk all over you either.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway