By SSeizeTheDay - 03/05/2013 20:52 - United States - Medford

Today, I was berated by a pharmacist, who said that kids these days are on so many unnecessary medications for "fake diseases". I was just trying to pick up the medication I've been prescribed to control my epilepsy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 878
You deserved it 2 949

SSeizeTheDay tells us more.

SSeizeTheDay 9

In retrospect it probably was the pharmacy tech who made the comment, I'm never sure who's who behind the counter. Regardless, I'll be calling the store in the morning to report them and figure out if I need to do anything else to get their ass fired. Also, just for the record epilepsy is far from a "mild ailment". I consider myself lucky that I've come away from most of my seizures scoff free. But even so, I've broken three ribs, had a concussion, and incurred facial scarring from falling when I seize. Not to mention that my short term memory is shot to hell and with every seizure I have I run the risk of further cognitive decline. But yeah, the medicine is definitely unnecessary. Right.

Top comments

whathefuckislife 11

your username is the best pun ever.

That is ridiculously unprofessional and degrading to you. I'm normally against all of the "sue him/her"-type comments, but perhaps a formal complaint is warranted here.

Comments

All these "he probably wasn't talking about you" comments are just plain stupid. What kind of random conversation is that to make? Especially if OP is young enough to fall into the pharmacist's (or tech's, either one) definition of "kids these days". And regardless of whether he was talking about OP or not, that is a completely unaccptable thing to say while on the job.

I have epilepsy and I can tell you first had how awful it is to have someone tell you that it isn't important or that it is only in your head.

Yep this had happened to me as well! Same exact thing as your story except mine is about being english and apparently we english like to fake grandmal convulsions so we can take pills with tones of side effects!

Dr.s nowadays can be dick wads.. Similar thing happened I went to get my arm checked. The bitch honestly told me " well we get a lot of patients who come in saying their arm cracks or their knee.. And what we sometime want to tell them is, if it doesn't hurt... We just don't care" ..mine hurt..

That person should have gotten fired in my opinion..

I've had epilepsy since i was a kid, 20 years now. some people can tell when a seizure is about to come on, but others can't. as if we can really "control" it. "hey, i think i'm going to turn off my seizures today!" medication is really needed for this disease. it sucks and a pharmacist shouldn't be talking to you like that. I'd definitely make a complaint.

musiciangirl591 16

i'm on medication for epilepsy, but the one thing i can do without is people looking at my medical id bracelet or the public seizures (i can't go to the eat'n park in my town anymore), find a different pharmacy with people who keep their opinions to themselves and their minds on their work

He is brave to say that to a complete stranger. He should be worried about getting his ass kicked, because that's a fight starter right there. I would have told him to please enlighten me on some of these, so called, "fake" diseases.

tpm45 25

I work at a pharmacy, and in many situations, he was correct. But seriously, it's not his job to take it out on you. And as a pharmacist, he should have known that your meds were necessary. FYL for meeting such an ass. Report him to the store manager.