By almost jobless - 11/07/2012 18:26 - United States

Today, I was at work, photographing a baby boy. I grabbed a bench for him to use to hold himself upright. His mom asked if she should hold him instead, but I told her he'd be fine. Two seconds later, he fell backwards and brought the bench down on top of him. There goes my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 622
You deserved it 32 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

itsa_maddy 19

You obviously don't know anything about kids, and gravity.

Well if he was a fairly new baby you shouldnt have expected him to be able to hold his own weight up

Comments

justin_noble 6

The mom should take your job.

josiemorehouse 12

This almost exact thing happened to my son when he was about a year old. The photographer was my friend, and she told me she would be there to support him while I turned around to pick out a different background. My son luckily didn't get hurt, and I hope this baby was okay. Shame on you for not paying attention when you should have. If by some miracle you DON'T get fired, you need to post signs up stating that parents are responsible for the well-being of their children and are required to keep close to their children during photography sessions. PS: I have never trusted another person to watch my children in situations where they could fall or become injured.

And that, kids, is how overprotective moms are made.

Dallasluver19 14

29 non posted FMLs? Your desperate..

b0ngs 7

...her desperate what?? alpaca? gnome? DON'T LEAVE US HANGING, man!! still can't believe people are making the you're mistake still

Holy shit 18. I accidentally clicked your profile and noticed you tried posting 29 FMLs? I sense desperation.

that's a bit of a contradiction don't you think you say you don't trust anyone to watch your baby , but yet you let your friend support your baby and somehow end up with a similar incident to what happened with this FML .

I hope you got a good picture of that. Since you lost you job, you may as well post it on the internet!

Posting it on the internet will make him look like a pedophile. Unless the baby had his clothes on but I've never seen a picture of a baby with his clothes on. ;)

I'm sorry but you deserve this. You shouldn't have denied the mom of what she wanted. It is her baby and not yours.

I see what you're saying. But the mother had concern and OP blew it off by saying he'd be fine, so yes the is a you deserve it FML.

And if the mother--who presumably knows her child better than a store photographer--thinks that her kid needs to be held, the photographer should let the mother hold the kid.

Thinking a baby boy can hold himself up? YDI, OP.

perdix 29

There are plenty of jobs available in the dog nail-clipping industry!

Anonymous900 4