By pixelbaker - 29/07/2009 16:34 - United States

Today, I was at work doing phone computer support helping a woman with her computer. I asked her to close all her open windows. She deleted all the important company documents in the open folder instead. I got fired because "close windows" and "delete" have become "too technical" for users. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 859
You deserved it 2 737

pixelbaker tells us more.

The "documents" were basically just data sets pulled from a database stored on a workstation in the office. This workstation is not backed up. Yes, the company is full of morons. No, I'm not fighting it because this was the last straw of many last straws. I don't want to work for these idiots any more.

Top comments

FYL, a person that doesn't know the difference between 'close' and 'delete' shouldn't be allowed near a computer.

While reading this FML I thought it would end with the woman closing her windows (as in the glassy things you can look through), but this is even worse. What an incredibly stupid human being.

Comments

"Close windows" and "delete" have become too technical for users? With the modern advance of technology in society, people should be getting smarter about stuff like this, not more stupid. OP, FYL, getting fired over someone else's idiocy is ridiculous and makes no sense.

YDI for underestimating the stupidity of women when it comes to computers.

wtf? women aren't stupid as a whole, just stupid people are stupid, no matter the gender.

Both of my parents are full-time computer programmers, yet when my mom sits down to use a computer (just like the one she spends 8 hours a day at) she's still extremely awkward compared to my dad or me. I just don't get it man.

wayland128 0

Exactly. It is not just women or a particular race. This infection of stupidity is prevalent everywhere. Those stupid people are multiplying like crazy too.

monnanon 13

Dude I'm a woman and im a computer programmer. So stfu :P

Excuse me! I know more about computers than anyone in my family and most of my entire high school!! Don't be sexist, you idiot!

greatnt249 0

Why don't you all cry about it some more? The poster obviously said what he said to be inflammatory...don't feed the troll.

LiveLoveLife_fml 0

Yeah, instead of your name being HotSauce,it should be sexist stupid pig :D I bet us WoMeN know more about computers then youuu so stfu cause you just sound dumb... you'de be doing yourself a favorrrr XD thankss

I doubt that somebody who can hardly use a keyboard knows much about computers.

just because you're a computer programmer doesn't mean you actually know how to use the applications that are there, so stop saying that like it proves a point.

Oh shit, were you talking to one of my coworkers by any chance? My "superior" (based solely on age) is pretty much that inept.

First, the files would most likely still be in the recycling bin. Second, if the company had a proper backup system in place, you can restore important files that have been accidentally deleted. Third, this woman is a moron and shouldn't be around computers. SHE should have been fired.

This sickens me. I hate when people don't have the simplest grasp of how to use a computer.

Wtf! Why are you the one being fired and what the hell at that being considered "too technical"? They should have fired her not you but if she really is that stupid, karma's gonna bite her ass soon.

They should have fired her? How the hell would they do that if she doesn't work there?

That's what I've been wondering every time I see a comment that says "they should've fired her". They can't fire her if she never worked there in the first place.

there are multiple "they"'s working in conjunction.....the woman should have been taken out for some more technical training.........she doesn't understand what's she's doing right now and should be given some time to learn last I checked, closing a window and deleting a file were two entirely different kind of actions

abandonship 3

bah! damn technology impared morons! best of luck to ya