By Anonymous - 30/03/2016 13:25 - United States - Sacramento

Today, I was at the mall with my mom, when I saw a little pamphlet about a charity for abused children. I showed her and said I was going to donate a few dollars. She quickly said no, calling it a waste of money and muttering that the kids probably deserved it anyway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 566
You deserved it 1 820

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Do it anyways. Two reasons: 1. You will be donating for good :) 2. You can be a ******* rebel ;)

If you were going to donate it, she can't say no. It's your money you do with it what you wish, and if you think it's something you should donate some money to then do so.

Comments

Donate anyways, its such a pain beating kids without weapons, every dollar counts.

LyingBlood 8

They deserve to be abused? Really? No offense, OP, but your mom sounds awful. No rational, caring human being would say something like that.

As someone who has ongoing struggles with parents, I would highly advise you to donate something. Maybe your mother just doesn't realize how you can be changing lives for the better.

wow, doesn't sound like an incredibly kind woman. but regardless, your money, and it is towards a very good cause.

Although her 'they deserved it' reasoning is absolute bonkers and stupid and wrong on so many levels she's probably right. Very few legit charities exist out there, most of the time the money you donate will never reach their advertised targets(not all of it anyway),it's a mix of scams, bureaucracy, etc..

On her birthday dont buy her shit, tell her it would have been a waste of money and she probably didnt deserve it anyways. Karma.

deserved it anyways? what the actual ****. in my opinion thats the shit that needs to be adressed, not spend your money how you want. im not a pretend psychologist like 99% of other commenters but im pretty sure basic common sense agrees that train of thought is ******

Unless you're saying FML because you have a rude mother, I don't see what the big deal is. Your mother does need to pull her head out of her ass though... that's just wrong. It's not the kids fault their parents are human waste.