By saywhat - 26/11/2010 03:28 - United States

Today, I was at my boyfriend's house for dinner with his family. His mom cooked up a steak dinner, except that I'm a vegan, but trying to be a good girlfriend, I forced it down. Upon his mother finding out I was a vegan, she called me "disloyal to my beliefs." FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 263
You deserved it 39 750

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uh oh, now the Vegan Police are gonna come to take away your vegan powers!

I bet that wasn't the only thing that was forced down your throat that night HIO!

Comments

0opsie 6

Why are so many people saying "YDI for being vegan"? Not all vegans and vegetarians are all high-and-mighty in your face about it. Some just don't like the idea of eating something that used to be alive. OP, you should've told your boyfriend to let his mom know before she wasted time cooking something you didn't want to eat.

I'm trying to get my girlfriend to "force it down". so far no luck!

DakotaCat 4

Just quit your veganism and eat some real food from now on.

i'm quite sure that vegetables and grains are a lot more real than what is passed as meat these days.

#162, it depends. Genetically modified vegetables and grains are just as bad as the bunch of chemicals they call meat. And being a vegetarian doesn't necessarily help the planet. Sure, less chickens/cows/pigs/fish are killed thanks to the vegetarians, but what about the forests that are cut down and the savage animals whose ecosystems are destroyed in order to make place for the soy/other vegetables cultures? It's really difficult to find truly healthy food these days and to protect the planet.

nerdwithagun 0

I'm sorry, but, you should've said "**** it" and told her you're not going to eat the steak. It doesn't sound like you're a very strict vegetarian if you were able to "force it down."

starberries 0

She cooked a steak dinner, except you're vegan? Please learn to use words. Oh and you need to go die. Being a good girlfriend does not mean forsaking what you believe in to please your man.

#166, she wasn't trying to please her man, she was trying to please the mother-in-law. That's different. And she didn't "forsake what she believed in". She just proved that she's not a fanatic vegan. Some people aren't vegetarian in order to save the planet, they're vegetarian because they simply hate the taste of meat. It's not the end of the world if she ate meat. She just had a hard time eating it. And the mother-in-law still wasn't pleased. I say FYL, OP.

Vegan's suck ass. They're 'beliefs' don't even make damn sense. Even plain VEGETARIANS make more sense!

at least you were being nice. you could have been a complete asshole.

maybe she doesn't like you because your a push over and you can't even speak for yourself.