By tracie - 22/09/2010 00:00 - United States

Today, I took my dogs to an empty park. While they were running around, I laid down in the grass to read a book. Someone thought I was a dead body and called the cops. The police and paramedics showed up. This is the second time it's happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 502
You deserved it 68

Top comments

gusgus36 5

haha WTF who sees someone reading and assumes it's a dead body without even going closer or yelling "hey! you okay over there?" or...something? were you in a really bad part of town where people find dead bodies frequently?

Comments

This Halloween lay down on your lawn and read a nice scary book (I recommend anything by Lovecraft). Then scare any kid that goes to your house asking for candy. Cheaper than buying a costume!

Get some more sun. It's good for you. And don't start on the "ZOMG CANCER!!!" crap. Your body requires vitamin D and getting a few minutes of sun each days the best war to do it

You only need 15 minutes of direct sunlight a day to get the vitamin D you need. Most people way overdo it, since 15 minutes adds up rather quickly.

35 - 15 minutes of direct sunlight where the light hits MOST of your body (IE, at the beach in a bikini). Going outside in a tee shirt and jeans for 15 minutes doesn't cut it. You're from the US, I see. North Americans in general are deficient in vitamin D. Did you know that?

Hmm, I didn't know that... I have to take prescription vitamin D supplements because I'm so deficient... D:

schwancy 2

You must have a dead look. You should handle that.

Froley 0

Lolwut? This is strange. And for it to happen twice.. maybe you'll learn something from it this time.

SuicidalxDream 0

I didn't know dead people can hold books. lol

and i would expect someone reading a book to flip pages every once in a while..

this is very odd. especially beacuse it happened 2 times........

queenoftrash 0

not so bad-one time my car got a flat tire and we had to wait until the morning to have someone take care of it-I had to go to the bathroom so I went behind something-my friend who drove fell asleep in the front seat(I was too drunk to drive so he did)-I stumbled back to the car, incapable of figuring out how my stockings worked and somehow skinned my knee-I passed out in the backseat, door open(it was like 100 degrees that day), with my bloody knees and stockings down to my ankles dangling out of the car-woke up to "get out of the car" and 6 cops pointing guns at me-guess I was reported as a murder victim and my friend was accused as the murder-scariest way to ever wake up!!

ZoroFresh 0

shit like that would be on the news the moment it happened I don't believe you. you need more people.

FirstBornUnicorn 0
ZoroFresh 0

murders(even if falsely claimed) aren't news worthy? if it happened it would be in the news somewhere with a "girl thought to be dead" headline come on don't be naive bro

if you live in a bigger city, that is not gonna hit the news. Not a chance. Too many people really being murdered. Crazy story though, queenoftrash.

#44 is right. And besides, they wouldn't send a story to the news the minute they get a call. They obviously wait until they have more details, and she woke up when the police got there; the police knew right away she wasn't dead. What do you expect to be on the news? "Woman thought to be dead, was just drunk." Come on. And on the off-chance it was, who says it would have reached you?

ZoroFresh 0

I live in the same town shit would've gotten spoken about assuming it's recent

89 - queenoftrash could have just recently moved to the area, and the event may have happened years back. Never make assumptions! And no, before I'm accused of being a hypocrite, that was not an assumption, it was an example of a possible explanation.

ZoroFresh 0

you assumed people would call you a hypocrite. remember your rule?

STFU, troll. You're ridiculous assuming you'd know about anything that happened. Just open your eyes and see how stupid that is!

#32 ever heard of sentences? You should try using a full stop sometime - makes things easier to read. Dipshit