By colorfun - 18/05/2015 03:38 - United States - Noblesville

Today, I surprised my 7 and 1.5 year old girls with a princess dinner. I quickly realized it was a scam when the "princesses" arrived looking more suited to a bachelor party. I was able to quickly get the girls out, but have spent the evening explaining why Pocahontas was heavily tattooed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 629
You deserved it 5 079

colorfun tells us more.

It was advertised as an event for children. The guy running the event refused to pay for the professional princesses when they showed up, ready to perform. I think he intended on scamming everyone since he had the other slutty costumes on hand. The whole thing was a disaster! Police were called, parents were screaming obscenities and threats, etc. My local news station just finished running the story.

Top comments

pleasedie 22

I'm sorry but that's hilarious. He sure came up with an interesting scam

http://fox59.com/2015/05/18/mom-angry-after-women-in-revealing-costumes-show-up-at-princess-party/ They used the pictures I took.

Comments

... Currently googling Indiana Princess Party...

Look up Indianapolis Fox59. I believe you'll see it under something like, "Mom angry after women in 'revealing' costumes show up at princess party".

The Fox 59 website didn't work for me, but it's on YouTube. Just use the same key words.

I've got to say I think it started off as legitimate for the party, but a scam to the entertainment. As he lied to those he hired, and then when he realized he had to pay out $1300 [more] he went for cheaper options. There is nothing I see wrong with the outfits, as the Disney princess Pocahontas's dress is that length. Yes the outfits were impromptu, and probably costume material but from the photos they looked to be the same as the Disney Movies. (I was expecting bikini style or stripper style.) As far as tattoos go, who cares? "Disney princesses don't have tattoos." (we'll yet again Pocahontas does have tattoos but let's not focus on tiny details). It's not hard to explain to a child that those people were pretending and not actually the Princesses. It became a scam when what was promised was switched. It was a scam from the start for the entertainment. It was even worse when the man even offered to pay the $1800 (which was a lie) just to get them there and to see if they would do it, for less, since they were already there. I'm sorry you're angry about the party, it really does suck. But don't shame the girls that showed up, (most likely told to grab a costume for easy money), their outfits were in no way revealing, and were most likely Disney licences Adult Princess [Halloween] costumes. (Adult as in for an adults body, not Rated Adult or Rated X). The guy is a right jerk. I did see the news station said that someone was thinking about organizing a party with the real princess entertainment group, so you could always look into that. :)

I really was not trying to shame the girls. I think they were put in a bad position and they looked incredibly uncomfortable walking around. Shame on the organizer of this event. I think you are correct that he intended to scam the entertainment company. Nothing was delivered that was promised. I actually did explain to my daughter that the real Pocahontas had tattoos. I felt really bad for the women that were trying to stand in for the princesses. You are correct that the Pocahontas costume was pretty accurate. The Cinderella costume wasn't too bad either. The Snow White costume was terrible. The dress ended well above the woman's knee. The kids would have all experienced a different show if she bent over wrong! Again, not her fault, but it was what it was. The organizer is 100% to blame.

Last response from me. I noticed your post said heavily tattooed Pocahontas, but when I looked at the photos you provided to the news, she has none on her leg arm/shoulder, or left leg/upper thigh, and none visible on her right inner forearm. Where exactly was she heavily tattooed? Or was that for a little extra spice for the fml? I know people tend to embellish on their posts.

colorfun, Thank you for your response. I wasn't able to get a good look at snow's costume as the news station blurred out the people in front of her outfit. I didn't think you were shaming the girls, it's just the wording made it seem like they were cake girls. (girls that jump out of a cake, mmmm cake sounds yummy now). I am again sorry this happened to you, and I can suggest hosting your own party, or trying to go to Disney World or Land, if you have the means to do so. The people there are insanely perfect so I highly suggest taking your 7 year old, and 1.5 year old. It will really take away the hurt of the party of lies. Wish you the best!

You are correct, in my FML I did say "heavily tattooed". It was indeed extra spice for FML. She was tattooed on her legs, which is why my daughter noticed. Cinderella had tattoos across her back. I have zero issues with tattoos, but feel that they should have been covered up for this "event". Again, I don't think that these women showed up knowing that they would end up in a costume so they may not have been prepared.

Those outfits are awful! How can you even begin to defend it. Instead having long flowing princess dresses it looked like they just rolled up after some college Halloween party. :/

Yep, and I sure didn't want to see the colors of her wind...

DaEpicTaco 13

Wow that's ****** up sorry op

Try Disney world for a princess dinner...