By Joe - 27/08/2012 13:33 - United States - Coalgate

Today, I started my new job at a fragrance store. While training, the manager had me smell all of the scents to become familiar with the products. Before my shift was over, I'd had three asthma attacks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 252
You deserved it 5 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless you're suicidal, this isn't the job for you. I think you'd be better off working on a farm, with the nearest pharmacy miles away. But then again, Monk was a fantastic cop, so... Just keep an inhaler handy.

Fragrance stores usually have a lot of different perfumes, so I'm not surprised anyone wouldn't get sick after all those strong smells. Sorry OP, get a new job so your health won't be compromised.

Comments

Why would you apply at a perfume store in the first place when you know you're asthmatic?

And you'd think he would quit after the first two asthma attacks x.x

jovizzle 8

I smell.. a workers comp suit.

Have you been injured at work? Then call the number on the screen, now, and get the claim you deserve! ... I hate these adverts.

priceyfml 7

Maybe you should find a new job if your life could be in danger.

dog1999 2

Don't breath in so deep next time Geesh it's not like taking a hit.

After the first one you should have stopped smelling. YDI for putting a job over your health, no matter how bad you need the money, nothing is more important than yourself.

Well, I have to agree with you. I don't understand why OP decided to work at a fragrance department if OP knows he/she has asthma. I also don't understand why OP would continue smelling perfumes after the first asthma attack.

OP sorry but you deserve it for even applying there in the first place ...

Turtle_rebellion 10

You applied for a job at the fragrance store when you have asthma? A wise choice.

They let you continue to work?!? I would think after the second one the manager woulda sent you home and tell you to make sure you have an inhaler when you work

OP didn't say she had asthma before this job. Three episodes suggests she was not sure what was happening. The manager letting her continue to work suggests her reactions were not unique.

Everclear92 2

yeah....but OP's name suggests that SHE is a guy...

TrinityisLife 22

If the OP didn't know he had asthma, how would he know the reactions were asthma attacks?

74 - Josephine, Joselle, Joline, Jo-Jo, Johanna, Joelle etc. Joe could stand for any of those. It's the same as Riley, Morgan, Ryan, Jordan... There are thousands of names which apply to girls and boys.

OP probs had an inhalor. You can still have an asthma attack and an inhalor. They are there FOR when you have an attack

This is true, considering she probably wouldn't have been able to keep working if she had an attack without an inhaler. Good thinking, way to think outside the box