By somuchhatesolittleworld - 10/05/2016 02:00 - United States - Houston

Today, I started my first training day using an MRI machine and completely forgot to remove my nipple piercings before I went in. I've never experienced a pain so vile and lingering in my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 218
You deserved it 10 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aaaaand today I learned that if I take a MRI I have to remember to take out my nipple piercings.

Why do people get their nipples pierced??? I'm not against it or anything but It just seems like it'd hurt more than it's worth.

Comments

Aaaaand today I learned that if I take a MRI I have to remember to take out my nipple piercings.

#2 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging. It's a type of medical scanning that uses a large magnetic field, hence no metal should be worn.

It's practically a big magnet. Metal piercings attached to skin, in a big magnet. You do the math

TXlove 6

Don't worry, they remind you before you go in.

Zilten 10

I'm pretty sure you mean Magnetic Resonance Imaging.

well....hope your nipples get better? but foreal tho that sucks OP I can't imagine the pain...

Hope you didn't damage the machine.

they're super expensive and weak- easy to break

Ouch, I've caught mine on a loofah in the shower...and that's bloody painful. I can only imagine what you're going through. Hopefully your nip nop heals up quick :)

I got mine stuck on a hanger once as I was hanging up close. I can not even imagine the pain from an MRI.

Wow... I can't imagine that pain, and how can you concentrate in writing this after that.

snarkytruth 37

Don't understand the hate #7 is getting? He gave a good setup for a great visual joke from #19. #7 deserves a little love too. Great job though #19. When you text is it automatically considered sexting?

Most facilities have two types of "Emergency Stop" buttons, wasn't there any? I hope you get better.

orangejubejube 20

They probably wouldn't suspect to need it right away and don't keep a hand hovering over the button. By the time they realized what was happening someone would have pushed it, but the damage would already be done.

theblondeone 16

You can't "turn off" the magnet in an MRI. That's why there's usually 4 zones you have to pass through before entering the MRI room.

Why do people get their nipples pierced??? I'm not against it or anything but It just seems like it'd hurt more than it's worth.

Some people like the look, the increased sensation when touched, and the odd few with inverted nipples find that the bar keeps them out :) each to their own!

I personally don't like piercings anywhere but the ears but that's just me

In my opinion, they don't hurt much. I expected a lot worse. Nowhere near my most painful piercing.

When you really think about it, why should impaling your flesh in only one specific location be considered normal and acceptable, while impaling your flesh anywhere else on your body is considered weird and deviant? If you have no problems with ear lobe piercing, logically you should have no problems with any other body piercing.

My cartilage on my ear easily hurt more than my breasts, but men have more nerve endings there than women (breastfeeding and all). For SOME people it increases sensation when they're touched. For SOME people, it's a good way to reverse inverted nipples. A lot of women see better milk flow after having their nipples pierced. Some do it for their partner. Some people do it for themselves, whether because they think it's pretty or to give them more confidence in their body, whether someone else is seeing it or not. Nose piercings hurt WAY worse. I'm covered in piercings and my nipples were definitely one of the least painful

38 - I'm glad someone agrees with me about the nostril hurting more!

You could ask that about literally any piercing.. It's because they like it.

34 - Exactly why I said I wasn't against it. It just came to mind and brought about my curiosity. Needless to say, my mind has been expanded greatly.

ABlindMan 17

15 - Not sure how that relates in any way whatsoever. Female personal preference was being discussed, not what a dude likes on a girl.

joeyl2008 29

64- You are correct in saying "personal preference was being discussed" but it doesn't have to just be a woman's. Men also have nipples.

kibble50 11

personally I don't feel like they have hurt that bad and I've had them pierced twice. I also got mine redone because of the confidence I saw after the first time( first time was in rebellion to parents to show freedom of being 18)

My nose piercing didn't hurt at all. The one that kind-of hurt for me was at the top of my ear lobe. I think there's a pressure point there.

85 - definitely agree with the confidence thing (and rebelling lol) 86 - It all depends on the person, I guess. My nostril hurt way more than expected but wasn't my most painful. I think I expected it to not hurt cause so many people have it.

If pierced correctly it shouldn't hurt all that bad. The problem is that a lot of pierced don't adjust for the specific person's body and often -- especially on men -- end up piercing too deep into the flesh. That's why some people say that theirs took forever to heal and may or may not still have problems with them in the long run. Mine barely hurt at all and took a very short time to heal.

100 - I don't think it depends on if it was properly pierced. Of course that matters but that doesn't stop the pain. It would obviously hurt more if done wrong but you can't say that there's hardly any pain if done properly. Everyone has different pain levels. I've never heard of the whole "too deep" thing.

Mathalamus 24

isnt that among the first things you do when you work near an MRI machine? if i was being assigned, there, i would be triple checking myself for anything metallic. and then wondering if my own head counts as metallic. its pretty dense. :P

Don't you mean you would be *nipple* checking ;) I'll see myself out..

More like *nipple* checking, amirite?! ..I'll see myself out.

danceinconverse 25

Well, guess you don't have to worry about removing them anymore.