By Anonymous - 06/04/2015 16:18 - United States

Today, I spent my last $50 to get a ticket to take my daughter out for a nice birthday dinner tonight. It wasn't until after I purchased it that I realized the restaurant isn't even open on Mondays. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 908
You deserved it 5 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just take her tomorrow. I'm sure she'll understand.

Is there any way you could get a refund? But explain what happened to your daughter and she'll most likely understand.

Comments

I'm curious as to what kind of place it was that it required a ticket.

MG73 9

OP here. I did not write "ticket" when I posted. The moderators changed it from Groupon. I assume for legal reasons. I am "mom" not "dad" :) I assumed a restaurant located in the downtown area of a city would be open on Monday. I wanted to take her out on her actual birthday to cheer her up.

OMG I feel for you. That sucks. I just celebrated my daughters 6th birthday this weekend and I now have $3, no gas and payday isn't until next week. I guess I'm not eating again this week. But it's what we do for our kids. Everyone who's criticizing obviously doesn't have a clue.

You spent the LAST of your money to throw your kid a birthday party? That's beyond idiotic. If you're that broke, you should be saving your money for things that matter. Your kid's not going to be thanking you when you're living on the street.

I might be misunderstanding, but a ticket to a restaurant? Do you mean a reservation? If so they shouldn't sell for days they aren't open? Please someone explain this to me:D

it could be a dinner theater. so the ticket would include dinner and a show..that's the only thing I can think of.

wait..OP commented. she said the FML website changed the word 'groupon' to 'ticket'. I guess for legal reasons.

..op can't get a refund. the restaurant is CLOSED.

its the thought that counts , right? my folks normally just shrug my birthdays off or just forget completely. fyl OP. but kudos for the gesture :)

How can they sell something on a day they aren't open?