By Anonymous - 09/12/2010 02:07 - United States

Today, I spent ages at CVS waiting for a flu shot. The main cause of holdup was a disagreement between the pharmacist and the insurance company over 4 cents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 198
You deserved it 2 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see the problem? 4 cents is big money there.

the real FML here is America's ****** up health system.

Comments

Tell them that if they don't kindly stfu, that you'll spit phlegm in their throats.

That 4 cents is called your copay. Most of the time the cost of the medication is AT LEAST hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, more than what you pay. The insurance company might not have recognized that pharmacy on their accepted list or something, but in the case of flu shots most of the time they are only 25 dollars. Also, it could have been your fault for not updating insurance information regularly when you get a new card. It is usually not something not the pharmacist's fault. If you are going to bitch about the wait when you are basically getting it for nothing, then opt for the cash price. The pharmacist will probably be glad to see you gone as they are usually too busy to even have a break during a 12 hour shift. Also, Filitov, the "doctor-in-a-box" comment is highly disrespectful when you learn that a pharmacist, among knowing just about everything medication and interaction inside and out, is there also to correct a doctor's screw ups so that they don't kill you by giving you medication that could have a serious interaction or kill you.

Get real. The tech puts the prescription in the computer system and the computer says if there is an interaction or not. The days of real pharmacists mixing medicines is over. Now they count pills and put them in a bottle.

Actually there are still several medications that do have to be mixed by hand. All while listening to the Medicaid crowd screeching because we've charged them a whole thirty cents extra because their medication isn't preferred. I'm speaking as a pharmacy tech, BTW. It sucks. You see the true scum creep out when you and a whole fraction of a dollar is standing between them and their Lortab. We are seriously underpaid to put up with all of that drama for 10 hours on end, maybe getting to sit down once or twice for a whole minute.

This is true I'm actually speaking from an intern's pov myself.

This is a response to my original post thread. It's not easy to comment from a mobile phone.

juliet85 2

Amen! I'm a pharmacist...people think we owe them something and when their insurance doesn't cover something/doctor wrote illegible/doctor didn't specify something on a script/doctor wrote for something they're allergic to, its automatically the pharmacy's fault. People need to have more respect for pharmacy as a profession because 90% of the time we are

juliet85 2

Amen! I'm a pharmacist...people think we owe them something and when their insurance doesn't cover something/doctor wrote illegible/doctor didn't specify something on a script/doctor wrote for something they're allergic to, its automatically the pharmacy's fault. People need to have more respect for pharmacy as a profession and not just a "doc-in-a-box". BTW Folitov or whatever your name was, YOU can call me Doctor, since that's the type of.degree

flu shots are free at my medical center.

come to Canada it's free up here! no need to argue with insurance companies over a darn flu shot! free clinics all the time for the shot!!!

Woohoo I'm going to school to be a pharmacist, can't wait for things like this some day :/

flu shots don't actually work for very long. the flu virus mutates very easily so by the time you had the shot, it would be useless

GangstaGalahleio 0

wow, you would of waited less if you would of just paid the 4 cents.

RedPillSucks 31

Exactly what I was thinking.YDI for not just agreeing to pay the 4cents.

come to prater's pharmacy in Seneca, mo. we are the fastest in the midwest!

I don’t understand the US health system. Here you go in flash your card get the shot and get out, 5 or 10 minutes if you go to your doctor’s office, last time I didn’t even have to wait he came asked if we would mind getting them together, gave 3 of us shots in the waiting room and we were gone.

tboudre 0

don't get the flu shot. the shot will make you sick & contains dangerous chemicals. it also weakens the human population.

I got a flu shot and it didn't make me sick in the least. I didn't even get some of the expected side effects of getting the shot. Most people are fine when getting flu shots and they get that pesky benefit of not getting the flu when it goes around.

FFS some people piss me off with their blind ignorance and herd mentality and their need to petition about the dangers of anything and everything. If you actually bothered to do your research regarding vaccines rather than just a blind following of some stupid idealistic notion, you'd realise that the mechanism of action of a vaccine actually BOOSTS your immune system rather than weakens it. It allows the body to preform antibodies so that in the event of an infection it can respond exponentially FASTER and MORE EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY. What weakens our immune system is the overuse of cleaning products and everybody's sudden obsession with hygeine which is also causing this sudden increase in allergies