By Vlen - 24/05/2015 02:38 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I sleep during the day because I work nights. My neighbors have a very loud wedding and reception in their backyard including a live mariachi band. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 904
You deserved it 3 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make the best of it!! Go over and hope there is an open bar!!!!

Nevracceptdefeat 26

At least there's not a wedding in their yard everyday...it could be worse

Comments

Make it a red wedding! Or y'know, do your best to sleep and hope your boss is sympathetic, which is admittedly not as fun.

Come on, it's like a one time thing. Don't be such a sour puss!

obviously you get to sleep during the day and don't know this struggle coming from someone who works 3rd shift also I know the pain

JustinJK 21

That's anyone else's fault or life choice. I'm not quieting down in the middle of the day because other people sleep during the day.

I do nightshifts as well. It's hard enough to sleep during the day without a mariachi band. FYL OP

#29 then I would hope your neighbors start mowing there grass at 5 in the morning why should they care I'd you sleep at night

JustinJK 21

I live in an apartment complex in the city. Plus, my father's landscapers always came early. going to take a lot more than that to wake me. If they have a problem they need to find ways to resolve their issue. Most of society is on a sleep at night do things during the day schedule. Majority rules.

Bruhsco 8

Maybe you could ask them to turn it down a bit? Regardless I feel sorry for you, OP.

It's their wedding, and during the day. That would be like me asking the construction crew behind my house to stop working so I could sleep.

#19 No it's called common courtesy how would you like it if I brought a mariachi band to your house while you were trying to sleep

Your allowed a certain amount of noise pollution during the day. I'm sure their wedding didn't exceed it. Unfortunately for us night shifters we have to accommodate using earplugs and night shades

And it's not common curtesy to allow your neighbor their wedding day the way they want it? I too sleep while everyone else is awake, so I understand how much it sucks, but I'm not about to complain to my neighbors when their kids are playing and screaming and laughing in their backyard, because they are keeping me awake. I'm not going to inconvenience my neighborhood of their day time activities because I work an unholy shift.

Most of the time, at least when it comes to mariachi music in my neighborhood, the bass rattles the house if you're right next to it, and can clearly be heard from down the block, not to mention the music being so loud that anyone trying to talk to each other literally have to yell, I doubt that the music was at a reasonable level if OP couldn't just turn on some music or TV.

Wow that sucks. They should just stop their wedding for you so you can sleep.

Get an even louder mariachi band and show them who's boss.

there was a party like that in my town lucky I work close to it and not live next to it

It's their wedding. It's one night. Suck it up.

LunaJoyce86 15

I work nights too. earplugs are my best friend.

Sorry op, but there are ways around it. (I too sleep while everyone else is awake) you can't expect people to not go on with their daily lives because you have a nightly one. It sucks, but you need to figure out how to make it work for you. (Ear buds/plugs, headphones, a controlled noise in your home that you can sleep to, etc.) if it doesn't work, it's just one day. It's not like it never happens to people who have to sleep at night too.