By Tingly - 16/08/2010 03:12 - United States

Today, I realized that that tingly feeling on my face when I put a new combination of acne wash, acne medication, and my usual moisturizer on was not, in fact, "it working." It was slowly peeling away the top layer of skin. I look and feel sunburned. I also still have acne and oily skin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 447
You deserved it 6 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been there, OP. So many acne treatments have done more harm than good! Believe me, I know how much it sucks.

Do it yourself dermabrasion? What's next, do it yourself breast augmentation?

Comments

that happened to me once, because of the clean and clear kit.

XTheDesertSongX 17

What a ******* dumbass. It even shows safety warnings on the bottles (for most) and even states not to put two or more on together, or right after the other. Have fun growing your new layer of skin. How incompetent and illiterate can people be?

Some acne creams do cause some irritation at first but your skin gets used to it and they do help :) make sure you're not using too much, don't give up.

oh shit I think that's what's happening to me

alldara 0

@ 138 I'm pretty sure its not just irritation at that point...and that its not that she's doing too much or anything but that she's mixing that many products on her face making a cocktail of chemicals that are probably having a bad reaction. Your not supposed to mix prescription acne cream with other acne products. And If you have acne you shouldn't put extra moisturizer on your face...that's kinda defeating the purpose of the acne cream since its adding more oils to your face. Also stop using the products for a bit and use some aloe until the pealing stops.

try clindoxyl gel ! it works miracles ! I tried it and it's done an amazing job for me ! try it out though ! ask your doctor :)

Sunsbeenkind 0

God, I hate acne medication. Ask a dermatologist for some oral medication, typically it works well. It just sucks because you either have to deal with a loss of acne but replaced by irritated, dry skin, or...well. Acne. I hate it so much.

no one realizes this but just using ivory soap to clean your face every night is better than using expensive acne cream that doesn't even work

That's what happened to me when I first got my acne medication. No big deal. (: