By CrazyInLove - 10/03/2015 06:02 - United States - Castle Rock

Today, I overcame my lack of social confidence and got a date for the first time in 10 or so years. After a while, my date admitted that she's a schizophrenic with dissociative identity disorder. I guess it's back to being single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 370
You deserved it 7 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

From someone who has extreme panic attack disorder, OCD and crippling depression, this intensifies my worry that I'll be alone forever. I feel sorry for her, to be honest. That was probably really hard for her to do.

Because obviously we should immediately discount the possibility of dating anyone with a mental illness, right? Or should she have just lied to you about it for a while first? It was probably incredibly difficult for her to be upfront about having such a stigmatized medical condition. If you choose not to get involved thats your prerogative, but I hope you handled it tactfully at least. If you think it's hard for you to get a date, imagine how she must feel.

Comments

Good job. now you can date 4 different people

So, in actuality, you got SEVERAL dates?

It's not hard to see why you couldn't get a date for so long. Jerk.

Okay so she has a mental illness, don't we all to some degree.

Sounds like you have problems of your own, OP.

Badkarma4u 17

Oh so you're good enough for her, but shes not good enough for you? Look in the mirror, dating someone with social issues is no picnic.

Am I the only one that thinks OP is an ahole for doing that?

nialls_girl 13

Well if she is being treated and is taking her medicine then nothing should be wrong. My grandma has bipolar disorder and she and my grandfather have been together happily for 50 years. You should give more of a chance.

You are an asshole do you know how hard it must of been for her to come out and say that