By Anonymous - 02/11/2010 12:17 - United States

Today, I moved back in with my parents in order to help them with the mortgage, so they don't lose the house that has been in our family for three generations. I also found out that I now have a curfew, and so does my husband and our 3 year old son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 571
You deserved it 5 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LoveINKs 0

Tell them, WHEN THEY PAY ALL THE BILLS, THEY CAN MAKE THE RULES! or just life them in their room!

MissErikaHart 0

Comments

A mortgage can't be "transferred" from one owner to another. The OP would have to purchase the home from the folks and obtain her own mortgage with the terms for which she qualifies.

yeah right! i wish my parent would give a curfew to me and my husband

Or, had to pay off sibling(s)' interest in the inheritance.

Hunterchick85 0

Umm duh, you're paying to live there so you're technically not under "their" roof. Move out!! You're helping them, not the other way around.

Hunterchick85 0

Umm duh, you're paying to live there so you're technically not under "their" roof. Move out!! You're helping them, not the other way around.

I'm not even sure where the FML in this is. I mean you are bitching about a curfew, you have a 3 year old. Try being a mom to your 3 year old. Where do you need to be so late. Grow up, or try birth control.

AmoraLynn 6

Don't parents have the right to go out sometimes too? If parents don't get some time away from their home and children they could get very stressed and possibly resentful towards their children, parents are people too. The OP is most likely upset about the curfew because her parents are treating her like a child and not recognizing the fact that she is trying to help, not because it keeps her from going out with her husband or friends.

masta1080 5

three generations and still making payments???? Either they bought a castle or took out a 100 year loan....

Dude, If I Were You, I Would Of been Like.. " uhhhuhh. ohh helll nawww nikka, i be married with ma boo, i think we deserve our time without no dayuum curfew" :D

leave for a week and then see how they feel about a curfew

larrysangel 0

At first I thought, "I agree, your life sucks". But then I re-read it. "to help them with the mortgage, so they don't lose the house that has been in our family for three generations". Wait...WHAT?!? Exactly how much was that mortgage? Glad to see I'm not the only one to question this point.