By plzstop - 04/10/2016 11:03 - United States - West Lafayette

Today, I'm a college student. Just like every other goddamn day, my roommate set about twenty alarms a good two hours before she even needs to get up. She just sleeps through the first hour or so of alarms while I wake up. I've been waking up at 6 a.m., even though my first classes are at 9. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 14 571
You deserved it 1 352

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Have you thought about talking to your roommate? Maybe she'll understand if you ask her to set fewer alarms!

Take it up with your DM (Dorm Manager).

Comments

My brother had a college roomie like that. He walked over to his bed and slapped him hard on the bottom of his bare feet every day he let his alarm go off like that without getting up. A few times of that straightened him right up. But if you don't want to get that aggressive, I've found lemon juice in the ear wakes up a heavy sleeper quite well.

Sounds like you might need to throw frozen marbles in their bed when the first alarm goes off!

Ask her what time actually she needs to wake up and set an alarm for yourself on that time. Then wake up and wake her up and be sure she won't sleep. Then You can go to sleep if you want or at least you'd slept more before you have to wake up.

I would warn them that that they either set their alarms for later or you'll turn them all off. That's annoying as **** and ridiculous.

How about you offer to set an alarm to wake yourself up at 8 so you can shake her ass up? You probably have to get up around then anyway and she won't feel the need for 80 alarms when there's a sure to wake up person to kick her ass... yeah you shouldn't have to "mom" her but if it keeps you from having to wake up at 6AM for no reason... might be worth it.

SteveDudleyUK 10

When her alarm first goes off bank on her door and make sure she is awake. Don't let her go back to sleep again. After a few days she is likely to set the alarms to go off later in the morning. But even then make sure she is well awake when they go off or she will revert back to setting them early again.

Given the college part, I'll assume money's too tight for either of you to buy an alarm that specializes in waking people who are heavy sleepers. I'd get evidence of it and go to whoever manages your dorm, if there is such a person. They might find her a more compatible roommate, or might be able to give her a specialized alarm clock, depending on funding.

If your first class is at 9am, and she's setting alarms for 6am to go off for 2 hours so she's up for class, doesn't that mean you're both getting up around the same time really? So if her alarms are really getting to you that badly, couldn't you just make sure she gets up when you get up for class too?

if i were you id set my own alarm for five minutes before her first alarm goes off, get up and turn off every single alarm she has set on her phone or else wise. Get dressed, get some early breakfast at dennys or something then go to class while she sleeps in and is late.