By Really? - 10/07/2010 14:57 - United States

Today, I lost my job because I was late. I was late because I had no alarm. I had no alarm because my roommate got mad and broke my phone when I beat her at scrabble. FML
I agree, your life sucks 525
You deserved it 61

Top comments

chocolatedrop 0

sounds like its time to move out

Comments

Nonombre 0

your roommate is sensitive dude

I'd say you work in the customer service field. I know that they tend to be hard on people for being late. Take it from me that you should thank your friend for getting you fired. I mean what kind of world is it that they can fire you on a drop of the hat? I mean you're so disposable, that when they fired you, they probably got someone else the very same day. So with that said, workplace certainly changed in the past several years. I say find something where you're at least valuable. I don't mean like doing something super great or important, but at least a field where if they do fire you, they'd have to at the very least have a very large meeting to determine how to handle you being gone. That's the kind of job you want.

ydi for not giving her "sorry i beat you" sex.

sallen0046 4

Seriously? Get a clock, you moron. You absolutely deserve it. You knew your phone didn't have an alarm and didn't have the sense to get or set another one. Not only do most convenience stores/gas stations sell travel alarms, but they're also incredibly cheap. Don't whine about a problem you could have completely avoided with simple common sense.

Oh yes, the old "she must be on her period." excuse. Right. Sure. Nothing justifies damaging another person's property maliciously like that. And to all those saying OP should have let her win? BULLSHIT! You play a game you play it to have fun and it's no fun if you are allowed to win. Not only that it's demeaning. OP it sucks you lost your job and I do hope you find a new one but it is partially your fault as well. You should have had a back up plan and unless you work at some hyper strict company, 1 tardy will not get you fired.

Yes, it sucks that your roomate is a bitch. Seriously, alarm clocks are $10 at walmart. One would think your job is important enough to you to go out purchase a cheap alarm. YDI for being irresponsible.

To those who say this is a YDI and not a FYL, have you ever thought that the person who posted this "FML" was probably playing Scrabble late at night? As a result, it was impossible for him/her to run out to buy an alarm clock? There is always that possibility.

There are plenty of stores open 24 hours in most towns.

OK, so here's these ideas if it was late at night: 1. My TV's have an alarm on them. I use them. 2. Watch. 3. Another alarm clock. 4. Take their lazy butt out to a 24 hour place and FIND something to work as an alarm clock. Cheap watch, alarm clock/radio, etc.